Wii game forwarders?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by BenRK, Jun 10, 2011.

Jun 10, 2011

Wii game forwarders? by BenRK at 4:23 AM (3,395 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. BenRK
    OP

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm looking for some forwarder channels for my Wii that forward to some of my backups. I have no clue where to find them, at least not ones for my region (North America), but I know they exist. I'm having no luck with google on this one.

Little help?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    You can create those yourself. I think 'crap' is the program you're looking for (linky), but it's been ages since I created a game channel with it (as such: not sure of the name anymore).

Just make sure you've got protection against banner bricks (bootmii as boot2 and/or priiloader). That isn't to say that the chances of bricking are high, but it would be stupid too lose your wii over a channel with a wrong texture, right?

3. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    It's called Crap, but for some reason google code was never updated past 2.7. Here is a link to the latest version.

4. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
  5. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    You can have a "shortcut" to anything, but you also need to consider where from.

From
    Sys Menu - Wad full channel, Wad forwarder - requires a banner
    HBC - Sometimes a dol with instructions, or somtmes an xml arg - easy peasy hbc icon.png and some writing, good for instructions EG A=thing, B-thing2 etc
    Loader - An iso containing the dol - cover (note words can be read from a cover for complex loadings)

Stored
    On..nand, SD, HDD, WODE, Disc*, SMB*

*I'll stop here and not go on, they can get more cleverer, or stoopider [​IMG]

Once you get a standard template for one, keep a hold of it. Most times a hex editor can be used to select easily change what it loads. Or you can swap the dol.

So being simple if you want 1 game from sys menu get CRAP, it makes WADs. Install, done.
    If you want to make if from HBC you can extract that WAD using customisemii for a 1 game dol.
    To make an iso there are many ways and many tools, but wii wiiscrubber or wimms tools would do and you replace the main.dol with yours.

If you wanted something more complex, explain where you want to load it from, and what you want it to load into and any details.

You're best to get devkit imho...

You can make them quite complex, EG it loads a loader if nothing is held, if A is held load Doshin from wode, if b is held load SSBB from the Wiis usb hdd or B on a gc pad to load the smae game with cheats, hold 1 and maybe it loads gbatemp new releases using an installed opera or a full screen flash game, hold 2 and load a specific gba, nes, snes rom etc. But hold A on a gc pad loads a specific gc game, maybe doshin again but with cheats enabled ? or Y is a vc game on nand2 no cheats, x nand2 and cheats, z same game again but nand3...fook that games popular [​IMG]

Hi

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Just never make a forwarder channel for "A Boy and his Blob" because that does cause banner bricks.

7. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I think Crap won't even let you. It checks some kind of database for that.

But good point !

8. BenRK
    OP

United States
    I simply want to make a forwarder for games such as Mario Kart Wii that are saved to my external hard drive, using the banners of the games them self. Load them through configurable if necessary.

9. JoostinOnline

United States
    Use the link to Crap I gave and choose "Configurable Forwarder" as the loader. You can set any special options there.

10. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I was messing around with Crap. Couldn't get it to work with Configurable direct, so I was about to use the forwarder, but a friend grabbed my Wii and started playing OOT, so it must wait till after 7 Samurai.

Unrelated question, how to I make my own banners?

11. JoostinOnline

United States
    Beat the crap out of him and take the Wii back! Lol, j/k (unless you are awesome).

You can create your own banners with an image editor and something like CustomizeMii. It's not an easy thing to do, and can land you with a banner brick, so I don't suggest you try it.

12. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Well, I was only curious about it if I ever decided to try my hand at making homebrew again.