Wii For 3DS?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by BlaineGorzoch, Mar 29, 2012.

Mar 29, 2012

Wii For 3DS? by BlaineGorzoch at 12:17 AM (782 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

Newcomer BlaineGorzoch Newbie

I have a Wii that I rarely play unless my friends come over. (It's hacked BTW.) Is it worth selling for a 3DS? Any suggestions? Thanks. :D

2. EnigmaBlade

Member EnigmaBlade GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Personally, i wouldn't. This is just me, but i feel there are better games on the Wii than the 3DS. Again, that's just my opinion. But if you rarely play it, then i suppose it can't hurt :)

3. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

Thanks, its just kinda hard letting things like that go. :P I guess I'll just back up my data...

4. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    well i myself think its a good deal but i cant tell for certain(where i live technically youd be getting a 3ds for $150 less than normal)

5. EnigmaBlade

Member EnigmaBlade GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    What game/s are you getting for the 3DS?

6. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

I'm looking at Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, and once the new Fire Emblem out, I think I'll crap myself. :P

7. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I dont know if its worth it just yet.

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I wouldn't do it. But then again, my wii is pretty much my game station for emulators, games and could easily back as a media player (assuming you don't already have a gazillion ways to play movies).

Still...in monetary sense, it's pretty much up to par. Assuming you don't have a shitload of games and/or other hardware stuff (what do you have? 2 wiimotes and a nunchuck?), it's roughly an even trade. Since every wii can be hacked with a softmod, I doubt the "it's hacked" is going to make much of a difference (unless perhaps it's chipped with a WODE).

9. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    I would grab a 3DS, but never use my Wii (damn family TV, keeping me from finishing skyward sword.) If you do I would pick up MK7 and KI:U, SM3DL was good but I wouldn't pounce it. It seems like more of a engine test game then anything.

10. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Well I own a 3DS (but not a Wii), and this is how I see it...

1) You never play it.

2) Nintendo has no more real first party games coming out for the Wii (except for the new Mario Party that just came out).

3) On the other hand, 3DS has PLENTY of good quality games, both available and upcoming. And being a young system, it probably has at least another 5 years of life in it (considering the life span of previous Nintendo handhelds)

3) Wii U is coming out at the end of this year latest.

If I were in your position, this is what I would do: I would sell the Wii, but keep whatever games and accessories I still like. Then buy myself a 3DS, and then buy a Wii U when it comes out. The original Wii is only going to continue to drop in sales value, even more so once the Wii U comes out, so if you're planning to get a Wii U, then selling Wii earlier is better.

But this is all just my opinion. Do whatever you think will make you happiest.

11. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Well, if you have a visual impairment like I do (the left eye being 150/20, and my brain still thinks it's "turned in" even after getting surgery to make it straight), then getting a 3DS is useless, unless someone can prove otherwise. (I used to have a 3DS, but I sold it due to buyer's remorse and for my impairment). I use my Wii for emulators, backup games, etc. but that's just me.

12. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    The 3DS has an excellent list of games waiting to be released (such as Super Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing), but it's not really worth it now.

13. Thanatos Telos

Member Thanatos Telos random stuff

United States
    How do you get a 3DS for 20$?