Hacking Wii Flow & MplayerCE problems...

robcrouch

OP
Trophies
Website
design.robcrouch.com
XP
Country
Hi all, I am trying to use Wiiflow as an interface to launch films with mplayerCE, I have installed both the latest wiiflow version, mplayerce version along with the plugin for mplayerce into the wiiflow>plugins folder

the problems i am have are, firstly when inside wiiflow if i click on a film stored sd:movies:film.avi it launches mplayer but doesnt actually play>

I have checked the plugin .ini and the default rom dir is movies so i have no idea why its not working?

my second problem is wiiflow doesnt seem to read my USB HD at all, its formated to fat32 and works fine in wiimc

any help is appreciated

JanosValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have practically the exact same problem, only my Storite external HD will actually play the movies fine, but it won't play movies from my USB drive at all, it displays them fine but when trying to run them it just black screens then resets.

Last edited by JanosValentine,

Zael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm afraid to answer this question 8 years later is worthless, but just in case here we go...

I'm discovering Wiiflow for the last weeks and I can say for sure that mplayer CE is one of he most problematic (porculero) plugins on Wiiflow.

the problems i am have are, firstly when inside wiiflow if i click on a film stored sd:movies:film.avi it launches mplayer but doesnt actually play>

I have checked the plugin .ini and the default rom dir is movies so i have no idea why its not working?

If you have "Movies" folder on SD you can't have another "Movies" folder in UBS device at the same time. It seems to search for USB Movies folder in first instance.

But also, in my case, it plays perfect with a NTFS external HD, but the same movies with the same name in a USB FAT32 device does not work. Why?... Just because some "special" characters like "ñ" on files names (they seem to be supported on NTFS HD but not in FAT32. You change that characters and then it works like a charm)!!

A very very problematic plugin this mplayer CE, indeed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-