Wii Eject problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Saxy, Sep 16, 2008.

Sep 16, 2008

Wii Eject problems by Saxy at 2:44 PM (1,254 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Saxy
    OP

Newcomer Saxy Newbie

United States
    My Wii snapped a tooth off one of the eject gears. I saw the post on how to attempt repair of it but I would rather just replace the gear or the drive. I can not find anyone who sells just the gear, so it looks like I will have to buy a used drive. I currently have a D2B drive but all of the D2B drives I am finding for sale have the cut pins. Would I be better off purchasing a D2A drive to avoid the cut pin problem. Are the drive eject gears the same between the D2A and the D2B drives?

Thanks

2. Mohawkinist

Newcomer Mohawkinist Member

Canada
    although i dont have an answer for you, i'd like to ask how this tooth snapped off.a few times when my wiitook in the disc, after the disc went in all the way a snap/crack-like sound is made, though there are so many thing it could have been.

3. Saxy
    OP

Newcomer Saxy Newbie

United States
    I am not sure exactly how it happened but I am pretty sure my 2 year old son could probably tell me. The sound you are hearing is not the gears. They are made out of nylon / plastic so you would hear make a sound like that. Good luck and I hope you WII stays problem free.

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Lol.

On topic, I do remember that post too though I think the guy just opened up his Wii and just took it out and it worked fine.

5. josh41091

Newcomer josh41091 Member

United Kingdom
    Hmm, I had this problem with my wii, as I inserted a disc, it made a horrible grinding noise and after that, no games would go in, would always get stuck, this is the same broken tooth problem. I, luckily, had a warranty with the people who modded my wii and they fixed it for me. Best advice I can give, is buy a faulty drive off ebay (find one with say, soldering problems) then take the gear out of that and place in your wii drive. That should be the cheapest way to go about it, as the faulty drive should only be a few quid on ebay [​IMG]

Hope you get it working [​IMG]

J