Hacking Wii Dumping over USB stick?

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, i'd like to know. can you backup wii games through a USB stick in the back of the wii?
i'm assuming not, but it's worth asking. if not, will it become available?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont think anyone has written a guide to this one - its kinda simple enough to use the basic things so no one bothered

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea... but you gotta realize it's still only usb 1.0 so the speed is probably not that great for dumping .iso's to... and I have tried it before and it ends up crashing or not recognizing the usb... so basically your best best to dump the .iso over LAN. (Aprrox. 3 hours)

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djtaz said:
dont think anyone has written a guide to this one - its kinda simple enough to use the basic things so no one bothered
smile.gif

QUOTEHow to backup Wii and Gamecube discs from Wii over Wireless LAN

Before you start you need a copy of Zelda to install the twilight hack and the Homebrew channel i wont go into detail as there is plenty of tutorials and youtube vids on how to do this you will find them

Here
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack
And Here
http://hbc.hackmii.com/

Now get Wii DVD Dumper (Custom IOS) v1.2

If you dont already have cIOS 249 installed you can download the installer
l

Put the DVD Dumper and cIos installer folders into your apps folder on your SD card

Launch the Homebrew Channel
Run the cIOS installer follow the prompts

Run the DVD dumper app

Use the D-pad on the Wiimote (left right) To select Dump option Wifi connection SD or USB
Press A to proceed

Use the D-pad on the Wiimote (left right) To select Disc type Gamecube Wii single- layer Wii Dual-layer
Insert Disc
Press A to proceed

Wait for the screen to promt and press any button

You will the be displayed a Url that will consist of your Wii's IP

Now go to your PC load Firefox and go to that URL

You will see a page displaying two links select the Download iso link and save file to PC
Thats it once the download is complete you can select the link to restart you WII

Obviously you will need WiFi if choosing that method i did it over my wifi router no problem happy ripping
smile.gif

thefunkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got it working, open dvd dumper and follow the prompts choosing usb as the option.
Make sure you read below it can be very relevant.

I got my 8gb kingston data traveller working with DVD Dumper:

For those who get an error with no codes, just:
"...ERROR
Restarting..."
B4 it even starts ripping, your doing one simple thing wrong:
You probably have you usb in the back of the wii before you should, this is a comon mistake.

Put your usb in the wii when it ASKS you to, just after saying you want to start the dump.

It'll say something like "Step 1 out of 3: enter usb drive blah blah blah"

Do not, i repeat, DO NOT enter the usb stick b4 you see this on your screen, otherwise "...ERROR"

Need to know what usb stick to buy? Go here:
USB Mass Storage Devices - Wii Compatible

Theres a link there for a tester, you can check if your usb stick will work
wink.gif

BUT! Sure, usb may seem a better option in certain ways, but it is MEGA slooooooow!
The USB option (from what i saw) takes about 15 seconds to get one megabyte, as apposed to network which is about 2-3 seconds per MB.
USB - 15 secs per MB = Roughly 18 hours
LAN - 2-3 secs per MB = Roughly 3 hours
So yer.. not really worth it...

If you get different results, let me know, then tell me how...
tongue.gif

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
Ga1l0w said:
18 hours for a backup....you have to be desperate.

*happy 100th post*
lol yeah you can pirate it faster!
ph34r.gif

i cant! it took me about over 20 hours to download boomb lox...and in A RAR FORMAT it was only 1.50gb and now im trying okami which is 4.3gb in rar! this will take me days!

using utorrent

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
if you know where to look there plenty of direct dl's that only take a hour or two to finish, of course Google is the only source for this information.

i know where to get direct in rar files but theres like 15 parts which i dont want to do, i would like to know where i can get a full fleged 4.3 gb of the iso but i have no idea where to get, and im downloading okami right now anyway so ill just leave it, any way i cant do much while it dl's so the only thing i have left is to go outside

Posts merged

QUOTE(wolffangalchemist @ Jan 3 2009, 11:28 AM) if you know where to look there plenty of direct dl's that only take a hour or two to finish, of course Google is the only source for this information.

i know where to get direct in rar files but theres like 15 parts which i dont want to do, i would like to know where i can get a full fleged 4.3 gb of the iso but i have no idea where to get, and im downloading okami right now anyway so ill just leave it, any way i cant do much while it dl's so the only thing i have left is to go outside

Igglyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thefunkman said:
Ive got it working, open dvd dumper and follow the prompts choosing usb as the option.
Make sure you read below it can be very relevant.

I got my 8gb kingston data traveller working with DVD Dumper:

For those who get an error with no codes, just:
"...ERROR
Restarting..."
B4 it even starts ripping, your doing one simple thing wrong:
You probably have you usb in the back of the wii before you should, this is a comon mistake.

Put your usb in the wii when it ASKS you to, just after saying you want to start the dump.

It'll say something like "Step 1 out of 3: enter usb drive blah blah blah"

Do not, i repeat, DO NOT enter the usb stick b4 you see this on your screen, otherwise "...ERROR"

Need to know what usb stick to buy? Go here:
USB Mass Storage Devices - Wii Compatible

Theres a link there for a tester, you can check if your usb stick will work
wink.gif

BUT! Sure, usb may seem a better option in certain ways, but it is MEGA slooooooow!
The USB option (from what i saw) takes about 15 seconds to get one megabyte, as apposed to network which is about 2-3 seconds per MB.
USB - 15 secs per MB = Roughly 18 hours
LAN - 2-3 secs per MB = Roughly 3 hours
So yer.. not really worth it...

If you get different results, let me know, then tell me how...
tongue.gif

The best dumper by far is the usb gecko dump, I have one and it dumps a wii game in about 1.5 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...