Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Gus122000 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Don't see why you'd need the downgrader anymore.
Unless it's for StarFall.
If I've heard correctly, the DVD Stub removes the Trucha bug fix.
dvd stub? what dvd stub :S?
libdi. The thing you install to get it to work.
I have wii v.3.3U
so im taking it like this:
1.just get the homebrew channel via Zelda TP hack
2. download some "libdi" patch
3. install it via homebrew channel
and then ill have trucha working on my wii again?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
rummy-confused.jpg

so
confooosed
halp

ashimonovits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made it work!

I've downgraded my Wii from 3.3E to 3.2E successfully!

This is the problems\error I've encountered and the solution:
error "ret = -116" - Means that the downgrader could not initialize the network connection so I tried many different things but what finally worked was disabling all the security in my home network (via the router configuration) and creating a new network connection with the new settings via the wii connection settings menu.

Hope this will help some of you,

Good luck,

Created using USHASOFT's Wii Tags Creator

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I simply update to 3.2U via the app, or do I have to update to 3.3u via wifi and then downgrade via app to get 3.2u? I have a Wiikey in my console, so is it safe to upgrade to 3.3u?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...Ok guys, there's 17 pages, and I'm tired as hell right now. So could someone answer this as easily as possible...

If I used the Wii downgrader...Could I downgrade to IOS16, Since that firmware will accept backups? This is from the Title Database from Wiibrew.org. It says..."1-10 IOS16 Wii Backup Disc only"

So could downgrading to IOS16, let me play backups? Or not o.o

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, how many times must this be stated:

YOU CANNOT PLAY BACKUPS WITHOUT A MODCHIP

EDIT: also, the downgrader does not downgrade the IOSs on your system, it merely installs a different system menu. different versions of the system menu will use different IOS versions, that's why there are different IOS versions listed with each system menu version.

all the IOS versions are installed on your wii. e.g. if you have the latest system menu, you will still have on your wii the very earliest IOS version, and it will be used by really old games.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know if I can use the downgrader to change to 3.2u from 3.1? Or is it mandatory to update via wifi to 3.3u and use the Downgrader to get to 3.2.

And does anybody have an English link to Waninkoko's new updated apps?

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi everyone I am new here nice to meet you

I am from greece and my English isn't to good so I want to say sorry before start

I have a problem With this and I can't fint how to do it I will explein

I have a Wii ver. 3.3E With the Nintendo channel
and the sd is fat(16)

I have the hombrew channel but I can't run nothing I see the DVDX the Homebrew Browser , cIOS37 rev2Installer , Downgrader v1.1 , WAD-Installer v2.1 , WADManager v1.2 and other file like that only if I rename boot.dol/boot.elf in th file e.x. J:\apps\homebrew_browser\boot.elf the problem is when I try to run any of this it start saying loading and have a bar With 0% and there stop I have live it for to much time but nothing I can't run the program to donwgrade the wad intstaller can't do nothing only have the Homebrew Channel and see it but nothing else
so I lean that in this forum there are much men tha khow to much and can help and I come

can anyone help me please???

sorry again for my English

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mastermanna123 said:
Livin in a box said:
Gus122000 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Don't see why you'd need the downgrader anymore.
Unless it's for StarFall.
If I've heard correctly, the DVD Stub removes the Trucha bug fix.
dvd stub? what dvd stub :S?

libdi. The thing you install to get it to work.
I have wii v.3.3U
so im taking it like this:
1.just get the homebrew channel via Zelda TP hack
2. download some "libdi" patch
3. install it via homebrew channel
and then ill have trucha working on my wii again?

no... trucha fix isnt removed by Libdi. its seperate to the ios imposed restriction

QUOTE(CambridgeGuy @ Aug 28 2008, 05:09 AM)
lol, how many times must this be stated:

YOU CANNOT PLAY BACKUPS WITHOUT A MODCHIP

EDIT: also, the downgrader does not downgrade the IOSs on your system, it merely installs a different system menu. different versions of the system menu will use different IOS versions, that's why there are different IOS versions listed with each system menu version.

all the IOS versions are installed on your wii. e.g. if you have the latest system menu, you will still have on your wii the very earliest IOS version, and it will be used by really old games.

it does downgrade ios's in the case of ios30, otherwise changing back to 3.2x would still have the trucha fix, 3.3x updates ios30 and 31 with the patches...

Cactaur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some info for those getting error -1, my download was timing out on system menu v288 #64 despite switching encryption off.

Problem solved by unhiding the SSID. Works with WEP on.

Legalto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I have 3.3U installed on my wii and I want to get rid of it as my wiikey is no longer functional. I understand that there are 17 pages. I've read through most of them. I'm just concerned if newer information has come out.

I'm a little confused as to the process. Now that I have the homebrew channel installed I need to install the cIOS37_rev3 installer correct. In the requirements for this is says I need a particular wad file(IOS37-64-v2070.wad). Is this correct? In order to install this I would then need to load it just like I did the homebrew channel through the twilighthack. Is this correct?

Once I do that I then need to take the Waninkoko downgrader and place on my sd card as to access it via the homebrew channel. I then can select what I want to downgrade to. I feel like I don't have the process right. I'd appreciate any help as I just want to get this issue resolved.

Thanks.

Legal

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
phew i needed this i was panicing today >.< time to turn off wiiconnect 24 (shifty nintendo upgrading my firmware while im sleeping T_T)
so i need to downgrade to 3.2 to get my freeloader working again yeah?
grog.gif

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i found out later o_o but my freeloader wasn't working before and the wii wouldn't read my discs but i just resetted it and it works now o_o but now im getting into getting some wii homebrew >.

Legalto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I've gotten to the point where I can run the downgrader. However, I'm getting the error (ret = -166). Others have said this means it can't connect to the network and they disabled their security in order for it to work. Any other suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock