linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
adr990 said:
Once downgrade your wii...
You can uninstall your Custom IOS v03?
yea if you dont want to use it again, but there really isnt any need to uninstall the cIOS because no game will ever overwrite it or call it for use. thats the beauty of the IOS system
if you was refering to "your" as in me, then you should correct it with waninkoko, because i didnt make this

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why didn't Waninkoko (god bless him) e-mail the big N about this and try and get it stopped ?

oh yeh, because he's not a narc

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
how about for all those who doesnt have internet connectivity?

waninkoko please find a way!!!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
no, because nintendo would probably only have laugh at his face and put his mail into trashbin :-)

do you understand that this have no impact for them ? they could even remove all old files versions from their server when they want ? and why should they care about someone going back to 0.1beta (lol), this does not let you do anything more that you already can do ;-)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zantetsu said:
Wasn't the GCN Action Replay blocked from one of the earlier updates?

Yes, the 3.0 update blocked all GameCube Action Replays, Freeloaders, and SD Media Launchers. However, Datel did release a new version which acts as all three, and works on all current firmwares. I'm guessing that this could allow you to use an Action Replay that also allows you to enter codes, since I think all of those were blocked.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well done Wanikoko, you give so much to us... thank you

.. can't help wondering what NonceBoyBushing response to this will be, as everything anyone else does obviously upsets him. maybe a new break through iso patcher that negates the need for any hax will emerge, but be of course not released.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
do you understand that this have no impact for them ? they could even remove all old files versions from their server when they want ? and why should they care about someone going back to 0.1beta (lol), this does not let you do anything more that you already can do ;-)

I'm sure (at least I would hope) that Waninkoko has all of the Nintendo update files on his computer, as that might have been easier for testing purposes during development. I highly doubt there is a v0.1 Beta on the servers though, though if there was I bet it would be a lot easier to exploit than the current firmwares.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
linkinworm said:
adr990 said:
yea if you dont want to use it again, but there really isnt any need to uninstall the cIOS because no game will ever overwrite it or call it for use. thats the beauty of the IOS system
if you was refering to "your" as in me, then you should correct it with waninkoko, because i didnt make this
Oh sorry for the "your"
I was just talking in a another form... I mean "I" instead of "your" xD
The Under striped part I think it is a really great job... again...
What do you think of it? (Can Nintendo spot your download history?)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
WB3000 said:
Jacobeian said:

I'm sure (at least I would hope) that Waninkoko has all of the Nintendo update files on his computer, as that might have been easier for testing purposes during development. I highly doubt there is a v0.1 Beta on the servers though, though if there was I bet it would be a lot easier to exploit than the current firmwares.
i know , this was a (poor) joke... just a way to say that, contrary to the PSP, there is no *real* interess in downgrading the wii, eveything is already possible by now... people just get excited by the word "downgrader", that's human nature i guess
smile.gif

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
adr990 said:
linkinworm said:
adr990 said:
Oh sorry for the "your"
I was just talking in a another form... I mean "I" instead of "your" xD
The Under striped part I think it is a really great job... again...
What do you think of it? (Can Nintendo spot your download history?)
not unless they include some sort of update to check it, which they wouldnt be allowed to do anyway without your concent, like the nintendo channel. so no they cant.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this may be a bad question and or be asked b4 but will it ever be possible to install different region updates on like jap pal n usa wiis with out physicly modifying the console

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-lildeemo- said:
this may be a bad question and or be asked b4 but will it ever be possible to install different region updates on like jap pal n usa wiis with out physicly modifying the console
Possible, yes, as all Wiis are internally identical, but more about the region-locking needs to be known first.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nanika said:
-lildeemo- said:
Possible, yes, as all Wiis are internally identical, but more about the region-locking needs to be known first.
you install another regions update you will get a semibrick, simple as, thankfully, if you happen to do that, this can fix it by installing the corrent region of any version number again. the region is in the NAND not the IOS( well region for loading other regions games as shown with the chiipd video a few days back)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
nanika said:
-lildeemo- said:
you install another regions update you will get a semibrick, simple as, thankfully, if you happen to do that, this can fix it by installing the corrent region of any version number again. the region is in the NAND not the IOS( well region for loading other regions games as shown with the chiipd video a few days back)

its ok but i would really want to have a english menu

i have gecko os to handle out of region games

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
it seems that different region wii use different system files pathes on the NAND: so, I guess you will need multiple copies of those system files... and depending on the number and size of all those specific files, this could dramatically reduce the capacity of the internal memory

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the region isn't set in the IPL or IOS, but in the firmware itself.. the most basic layer. and that usually doesn't get updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.