giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So my Wii decided to brick just before I installed BootMii, the power button doesn't even light up anymore so I know it's well and truly screwed. I'm a little sad about it, it's a shame nothing can be done about it. I can't send it to Nintendo 'cause I have the Homebrew Channel on it so I'll just have to buy a new 1. RIP Wii.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't ever recalling the bricks prevent power from running to the LED lights either.

Are you sure your AC adapter or outlets are failure? If they are tested ok, something probably got damaged hardware wise in that case you would have to diagnose what needs to be replaced and find the correct model parts that are compatible with your wii.

Edit:
Are you sure it crashed? If it crashed it could leave code dumps or some kind of message giving an error. If you wii shut right off, then that can conclude to something other than a brick.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
Hmm, I don't ever recalling the bricks prevent power from running to the LED lights either.

Are you sure your AC adapter or outlets are failure? If they are tested ok, something probably got damaged hardware wise in that case you would have to diagnose what needs to be replaced and find the correct model parts that are compatible with your wii.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure all the connections work fine. It might be slightly difficult to decipher which part is damaged.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was probably your power cord. My friends power cord did that after a surge and then eventually died. My RAs did that the day after I modded his wii, freaked me out until I saw that the leds wouldn't light up then I figured it was the power cord and tested with my cord and it worked then the next day his cord started working.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wtf.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
giratina16 said:
Yay it's working again!
My wii did the same trick to me, a month ago.
I was playing DeSmuMe Wii (DS emulator for Wii) while it just shutdown without preventing.
The power light didn't work anymore, I thought I bricked a chipset or the fuse.

I tried disconnecting all the peripheral and power supply, didn't did the trick.

Then, the day after, ... it worked again :wtf:
Yay, it's been working fine since that time, but I'm afraid of playing deSmuMe again >_<
Maybe there's a heat fuse, and playing the emulator made the wii became hot.
There's a joke powerbrick wave ?
laugh.gif

I'm happy for you it did the same !
and happy too you didn't brick because it hanged while installing bootmii.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I nearly died when it stopped working, I just did a quick google search about it and it said I should disconnect all the wires for 5 minutes. I'm so glad it worked, I will never take my Wii for granted again, and I'm not gonna install BootMii, I tried it again and it did the exact same, it seems it makes it forget how much power it needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: