Hardware Wii-Clip discount for GBAtempers

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The blue light should be turning on
and when you insert a backup and it starts spinning the blue light will start to flicker
Is that what happens?
Do the discs stop spinning, so do they keep spinning and not recognise

HAMMERSJAY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
and when you insert a backup and it starts spinning the blue light will start to flicker
Is that what happens?

Hi with the back ups it only spins for a few seconds and just stops with the original blue light stays on and disc keeps spinning. The blue light goes out when the disc stops. Also it seems to now take a couple of tries for it to recognise an original and when you press eject it just reads the disc again, it only will eject once the game has booted (although back ups eject straight away).

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the discount code ozmodchips!!

Ordered one now, look forward to recieving it
biggrin.gif

GatorDeb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered April 19th at 6:09a (Sat) and it got here today, so it took about a week and a half assuming it starting processing Monday. Decent turnaround. Have to run to the library but I'll install it once I come back.

Can't wait !! Mario Kart here I come !!

Edit:
frown.gif
Is there anyone in Vegas that can open up my Wii, put in the pre-soldered Wii-Clip, and close it back up without leaving any indication that it was opened?

Thanks!

HAMMERSJAY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HAMMERSJAY said:
OzModChips said:
Is that what happens?

Hi with the back ups it only spins for a few seconds and just stops with the original blue light stays on and disc keeps spinning. The blue light goes out when the disc stops. Also it seems to now take a couple of tries for it to recognise an original and when you press eject it just reads the disc again, it only will eject once the game has booted (although back ups eject straight away).

OzModChips said:
Have you tried to solder those region free wires yourself? or is this just straight out of the packet?

QUOTE(HAMMERSJAY @ Apr 29 2008, 06:44 AM)
i have not soldered any wires, just pushed the clip on and i am using PAL games

I take it no wires are needed for my Pal backups? What is the significance of the discs stop spinning almost straight away, still not got this thing working, thanks

GatorDeb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squirt1000 said:
What problem are you having opening the Wii??
1. Can't get the first set of screws off with the screwdriver I got from Oz, and I don't want to force it. Also I'm weary of getting those little tabs off with a cutter tool.

HAMMERSJAY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
use a razor blade for the stickers, the tri-wing screwdriver is only needed for some of the screws. Most of them need a small precision one

muhsheesuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know a good site showing the actual screws when taking apart the Wii? I messed up and I dunno which screw goes where..

phistyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive encountered something strange....I have a wii-clip with d2ckey soldered on by ozmodchips and I was playing a backup of Mario Kart wii today and it just froze while I was playing the game then I turned it off and turned it back on and none of my backups work...then I tried my retail copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl...it worked fine then I tried my backups again...no go...so I open the wii to see if anything happen to the chip....nothing was wrong...it was still tightly on...now here's how i gotten it to kind of work again....I put in my backup of mario kart wii and it didnt work then I put in SSBB and it work and i booted into the game then I eject the disc and insert my backup of Mario Kart Wii.....then it froze and I couldnt press the power to turn it off so i had to unplug the power cord...so I did that and plugged it back in then I powered on my wii again and now my backups work again....anybody know whats going on? hopefully it wont mess up again....I've tried this method twice today and it seems to work...

mightydob

Trophies
XP
Country
Great deal will be ordering soon
biggrin.gif
not sure if I should go for the Argon or spend a bit more on the d2pro, I have looked at so many web pages to work out which is best my head is about to explode!

muhsheesuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any problem with their wii-clip becoming too loose? Mine tends to do this VERY often; i've even left the case with the screws off because the clip kept coming off the board. I'm afraid that if I keep reattaching it this often (which is pretty much everytime I turn on my Wii) it will damage the pins of the clip. Do I have to resort to taping it on tightly?

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
muhsheesuh said:
Anyone have any problem with their wii-clip becoming too loose? Mine tends to do this VERY often; i've even left the case with the screws off because the clip kept coming off the board. I'm afraid that if I keep reattaching it this often (which is pretty much everytime I turn on my Wii) it will damage the pins of the clip. Do I have to resort to taping it on tightly?

I used black electrical tape to secure it. you can try using a piece that's 4 or 5 inches long to tape it down, but from the sound of your problem that might not be snug enough. if not, cut off a small piece (1.5 inches or so) and roll it up, sticky side out, then trim it to size if desired..then, stick it on top of the wii-clip and when you close the wii, the tape will fill any empty space and prevent the clip from coming loose. careful not to use too much though; 1.5 or 2 inches of rolled tape should be plenty thick enough to make things nice and snug.

i have also heard of people using a hot-glue gun to apply a small dab on each corner. (*after* the wii-clip is on, getting any kind of glue on the little contacts would be a disaster) this kind of glue is removed fairly easily and doesn't leave residue so it makes a nice choice as well.

good luck

jjoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ozmod still watching this thread?

if he is, i have ordered d2pro with v4 wii clip, and i got d2cpro with v1 wii clip...

i sent emails regarding this problem, but i got no replies yet,

i was really frustrated and angered that i got wrong item..

i wanna know if i can get my money back since i don't want you to resend it to me. (will take too much time..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn