Wii Classic Controller to NES adapter?

LukasInTheWrongHouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So since nintendo announced the Nes Classic edition Or the Nes Mini and the new controllers that use the wii remote external plug instead of the nes plug, does anyone know if a classic controller to nes adaptor exists or could be made so people can have a new official nes controller that works on the original console?

LiamTheHackermon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only fixed half of them

Attachments

• GIFPaint.gif
    GIFPaint.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 394

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want a official controller brand new for some reason you should be able to find one on amazon uk or ebay uk. Have to pay a lot of money for a new controller though. That and i seriously doubt a classic controller to nes adapter exist. No demand for it.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...I doubt it. The original NES used a parallel connection, while I suspect the Classic controllers use a modern serial connection - like simplified USB or something. It won't be a simple $0.50 adapter like the USB-PS2 adapter your keyboard came with, but an actual conversion with a microcontroller. Even if your build it yourself I suspect the parts will cost more than just buying the original controller, or even that bluetooth adapter for NES.

LukasInTheWrongHouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what i ment by "make" was daisy chaining a bunch of adapters to eventually convert it to nes. a ps2 to snes adapter does exist and snes to nes adapters exist aswell but i can find anything for a classic controller to ps2 adapter or gamecube to ps2 either (using a classic controller to gamecube adater.) any idea if either of those exist?
sorry if this is getting annoying.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What @Futurdreamz said is true, you'd need a microcontroller to convert the signal. The Classic Controller uses I2C, which is not hard to utilize, especially with a PIC microcontroller. I'm not familiar with the NES controller, but it looks like it uses its own type of serial communication. It's documented online so I don't doubt one could use that info online to create a converter.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you need adapters or pcbs to build your own head over to raphnet.net. Rapahel does a lot work to make such adapters and put all info and even the programms/ flash stuff up for free.
If you dont want to do everything on your own he has a shop up so you can order things.
If you need something done you can ask him to do so.

i made serveral Adapters with his tiny PCBs and they all work fine under Windows and Linux.

jkh0208

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a solution to using the NES Mini's controller on an original NES. 8BitDo sells a conversion kit that converts the NES Classic controller to a wireless controller, and they sell a wireless receiver for the original NES. Both work together to allow you to use the NES Classic controller on an NES, though wirelessly. That's what I use and it's been working great with no perceivable input lag (tested it by completing Battletoads with it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.