Wii bricks ><

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sconethief, Oct 7, 2008.

Oct 7, 2008

Wii bricks >< by sconethief at 3:54 AM (1,103 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sconethief
    OP

Member sconethief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What happens if your wii becomes a brick while installing the homebrew channel???
    Because I cannot!!! CANNOT risk having a bricked wii or my bro's will kick my ass >< But i want a hacked one so i can play Mh3 once it comes out
    [Monster Hunter FTW]

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    SaveMii
    No really, SaveMii

And I've heard no bricks from installing the Homebrew Channel so far, so you should be okay. [​IMG]

3. Zaiga

Member Zaiga GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    From what I've read, the Homebrew Channel cannot brick your wii. Your not installing any dangerous files, so it's fine.

Edit: Ah, Alex beat me to it. xD

4. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    theres basically two programs that can brick you wii easily, most others you would have to try to brick it with some knowhow, and Im not even sure how

the two programs to be careful with are:
    -AnyRegion Changer (only use version 1.1, and obey the warnings in the readme, etc.) just dont even use cIOS downgrader, its not as good
    -Wad Manager/Installer (don't install wads that aren't verified as good dumps and you won't have problems)

thats really it, everything else is very safe, assuming your power doesnt often cut out randomly, and even then, pretty safe.

AnyRegion Changer can create opera bricks, read up on that.

Wad Manager/Installer bricks, banner bricks, come from bad banners in homebrew/injected wads. read up.

things that supposedly could brick your wii, except no, they dont, not even a little:
    -Starfall
    -cIOS
    -DVDx
    -Title uninstallers (there are a few, but all have built in brick-protections, the only way to make them dangerous would be to take the available sources, remove the protections, and recompile them)

Gamecube Homebrew Launcher has its own possible issues, but not brick-worthy ones.

5. sconethief
    OP

Member sconethief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok sweet now i know [​IMG]
    Does Geckos have a chance of bricking???

6. Ashlee

Newcomer Ashlee Advanced Member

United States
    No, and your Wii is going to be ok if you put homebrew, play Iso games on it and etc, so don't worry.

7. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    Yea theres no way you can brick your wii from the homebrew channel. I just installed it and i messed up like 50 times and my wii is fine.