Homebrew Wii bricks ><

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if your wii becomes a brick while installing the homebrew channel???
Because I cannot!!! CANNOT risk having a bricked wii or my bro's will kick my ass >< But i want a hacked one so i can play Mh3 once it comes out
[Monster Hunter FTW]

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sconethief said:
What happens if your wii becomes a brick while installing the homebrew channel???
Because I cannot!!! CANNOT risk having a bricked wii or my bro's will kick my ass >< But i want a hacked one so i can play Mh3 once it comes out
[Monster Hunter FTW]
SaveMii
No really, SaveMii

And I've heard no bricks from installing the Homebrew Channel so far, so you should be okay.
smile.gif

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From what I've read, the Homebrew Channel cannot brick your wii. Your not installing any dangerous files, so it's fine.

Edit: Ah, Alex beat me to it. xD

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres basically two programs that can brick you wii easily, most others you would have to try to brick it with some knowhow, and Im not even sure how

the two programs to be careful with are:
-AnyRegion Changer (only use version 1.1, and obey the warnings in the readme, etc.) just dont even use cIOS downgrader, its not as good
-Wad Manager/Installer (don't install wads that aren't verified as good dumps and you won't have problems)

thats really it, everything else is very safe, assuming your power doesnt often cut out randomly, and even then, pretty safe.

AnyRegion Changer can create opera bricks, read up on that.

Wad Manager/Installer bricks, banner bricks, come from bad banners in homebrew/injected wads. read up.

things that supposedly could brick your wii, except no, they dont, not even a little:
-Starfall
-cIOS
-DVDx
-Title uninstallers (there are a few, but all have built in brick-protections, the only way to make them dangerous would be to take the available sources, remove the protections, and recompile them)

Gamecube Homebrew Launcher has its own possible issues, but not brick-worthy ones.

Ashlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, and your Wii is going to be ok if you put homebrew, play Iso games on it and etc, so don't worry.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea theres no way you can brick your wii from the homebrew channel. I just installed it and i messed up like 50 times and my wii is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1