Hacking Wii bricked?

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Internet. A couple of years ago (2010 or 2011 I think) My family got a Black wii (our first one.) After about half a year, it just stopped working. As in, when I plugged it in, it would show the red light when its turned off just like a normal non broken wii, but when I turn it on, the red light turns into a green light for half a second, and then the led light just completely turns off, like the wii is unplugged(It still does this, I tried it today). BTW, this happened before I even attempted modding,as I was in the second grade at the time. Any help? I thought It was about time to ask for help. I'm not sure if its birkced.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this would help but I found a troubleshooting *guide* on troubleshooting issues with the Wii.

I will leave the link here;
https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Nintendo_Wii_Troubleshooting

Since your Wii is imdetly turning off it's likely that you could be having an issue with the motherboard. But I thought it would be useful to link back to the troubleshooting issues, just to see if you may be getting the issue from other Wii Hardware Devices.

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't think so its a brick.Maybe a problem with the wires or the switch.

It can also be a hardware problem.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an issue with my Wii not turning on after it turned off due to a power outage and couldn't figure it out. I was worried that the power outage fried it or something. So I wound up calling Nintendo and they told me to unplug the Wii for a few minutes and plug it back in and try turning it on. And surprisingly that fixed it. So if you haven't tried that yet it's worth a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o