Hacking Wii bricked?

Tripwire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys i have encountered some problems while i was modding my wii using ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide, Backup Loaders Disc Channel USB and i used the online part.

So i got to the step where i needed to install cIOS36_rev10 but the installer froze and i only had a blank screen to look at. I asked the question at the topic and nabster replied to install cIOS38_rev14. So that worked good and installed perfectly. Next i did the IOS downgrader that also went succesfully. But then the problems came. I tried to load the cIOS downgrader but i got a blank screen and now nothing works anymore.

Every program i'm trying to launch via the homebrew channel freezes.
Bannerbomb freezes when trying to run the hackmii installer.
Bootmii freezes when trying to acces it through the homebrew channel.

I'm now formatting my SD card and trying to do the bannerbomb again but i don't think it will help. Anyone has a suggestion or something to fix this problem?

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly that guide is no good if it tells you to run IOS Downgrader and cIOS downgrader. These steps are completely unnecessary and some newer wiis get bricked when trying to downgrade to a lower system menu.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tripwire said:
Next i did the IOS downgrader that also went succesfully. But then the problems came.
I'm sure the IOS Downgrader didn't work succesfully for you or your LEF Wii is the same like a LU Wii!?

An old hacking guide says that you should run IOS downgrader again and again up to the point where it only restart.
You do that?

Ok, possible you have another problem, but it seems that you have a broken [c]IOS and i think you should try to install every [c]IOS again.

I understand the problem that hbc didn't start. But u can try to update your Wii with with the Wii updater in the settings menu.
(I think so, but i don't know what is an LEF Wii. If you have preloader or something else it could be a big problem!)

Tripwire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HiBit said:
Tripwire said:
Next i did the IOS downgrader that also went succesfully. But then the problems came.
I'm sure the IOS Downgrader didn't work succesfully for you or your LEF Wii is the same like a LU Wii!?

An old hacking guide says that you should run IOS downgrader again and again up to the point where it only restart.
You do that?

Ok, possible you have another problem, but it seems that you have a broken [c]IOS and i think you should try to install every [c]IOS again.

I understand the problem that hbc didn't start. But u can try to update your Wii with with the Wii updater in the settings menu.
(I think so, but i don't know what is an LEF Wii. If you have preloader or something else it could be a big problem!)

the ios downgrade went succesfully and i restarted the wii as stated. I'm now trying to update the wii maybe this will help. But the homebrew channel works only i can't start anything from it
frown.gif

So if i get it working again i don't need to downgrade? but install hbc and cioscorp or something? or just skip the downgrade steps?

EDIT:

it's working again!! but which guide do i need to use now ? because i don't get it anymore with all these guides

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would update your wii from the system menu to get yourself 4.1 and hopefully your wii will be back to normal. If you had installed cios rev 10 successfully previously, you won't lose it through the update. All you should have to do is step 12, and you will be ok:

QUOTE said:
12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

I suppose you didn't get bootmii as boot2, and only as IOS. If you did get it as boot2, you should be able to restore your NAND and start over.

Tripwire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
timtlm said:
I would update your wii from the system menu to get yourself 4.1 and hopefully your wii will be back to normal. If you had installed cios rev 10 successfully previously, you won't lose it through the update. All you should have to do is step 12, and you will be ok:

QUOTE said:
12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

I suppose you didn't get bootmii as boot2, and only as IOS. If you did get it as boot2, you should be able to restore your NAND and start over.

i had installed cIOS38_rev14 installed couldn't get cIOS36_rev10 to work. Should i still try to install cIOS36_rev10?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tripwire said:
it's working again!! but which guide do i need to use now ? because i don't get it anymore with all these guides
Install boomii as boot2, make a NAND backup and install the hbc.
Than ONLY use TBR and install a cIOS.

That's enough for the most ppl because now you can run a loader like Neogamma and usb loader gx.

But you can try more, also if you have a NAND Backup because with this backup you can restore your Wii if it brick.

Edit:
QUOTE(Tripwire @ Aug 2 2009, 03:33 PM) Should i still try to install cIOS36_rev10?
Why you think you should try it?
Is there a good reason you can try it, if not use rev.14.

Tripwire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HiBit said:
Tripwire said:
Install boomii as boot2, make a NAND backup and install the hbc.

That's enough for the most ppl because now you can run a loader like Neogamma and usb loader gx.

But you can try more, also if you have a NAND Backup because with this backup you can restore your Wii if it brick.

Edit:
QUOTE(Tripwire @ Aug 2 2009, 03:33 PM) Should i still try to install cIOS36_rev10?
Why you think you should try it?
Is there a good reason you can try it, if not use rev.14.

if i install rev10 would it overwrite rev14 or not? well i did everything right now preloader works (only it can't find the right hacks for my systemmenu version 450) and i can't install Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check (freeze) but i'm now going to try to install CiosCorp 3.1

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tripwire said:
if i install rev10 would it overwrite rev14 or not? well i did everything right now preloader works (only it can't find the right hacks for my systemmenu version 450) and i can't install Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check (freeze) but i'm now going to try to install CiosCorp 3.1
1. Yes, if you install an cIOS to the same slot(249) it overwrite the installed cIOS. You can install rev10 over 14, rev12 over 11, ...

2. Try the right hacks.ini and check the content. You can be sure it work with sysmenu v450.

3. Why you try to DOP IOS60?

4. cIOSCORP? Please wait for the fixed release and/or use an loader.

5. Your NAND backup is ready?

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HiBit said:

Does he also have to downgrade IOS36 with TBR or is an installed cIOS enough to run a loader?

Tripwire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HiBit said:
Tripwire said:
1. Yes, if you install an cIOS to the same slot(249) it overwrite the installed cIOS. You can install rev10 over 14, rev12 over 11, ...

2. Try the right hacks.ini and check the content. You can be sure it work with sysmenu v450.

3. Why you try to DOP IOS60?

4. cIOSCORP? Please wait for the fixed release and/or use an loader.

5. Your NAND backup is ready?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sanni said:
Does he also have to downgrade IOS36 with TBR or is an installed cIOS enough to run a loader?
Yes, he have to trucha IOS36(it's not an downgrade, it add only the trucha bug(look for error -2011, that's the problem)).
Than install the cIOS and that's all. Loader like usb loader gx and Neogamma work fine.

@Tripwire
That sounds better.
wink.gif

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1