Hacking Wii bricked need sone help

andrix10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my Wii is bricked, no idea how it got bricked tho.
When I turn it on I see the health and safety screen but no a to continue. Also I used the GameCube controller thing and it shows that I have 4.3u. So can I get ssb brawl and fix my Wii or because I have 4.3 I can't do that?

andrix10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn i just realized i posted this on wii hacking, but i never hacked it, in fact i got it used at gamestop along with xenoblade
played it fine for like a month or so and then it stopped showing the press a to continue at health and safety screen and i have no idea what happened

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough then. You may have a mail brick, according to this post on the Nintendo Tech Forums.

Try following these steps and report back. If it does work, we can go from there as to how to fix it.

I once had a problem like this, It could be the wii message board, try entering Maintenance Mode and see if it helps, If it does you should try and manage you data setting or update the console.

To Enter Maintenance mode:
1-Turn on your wii
2-Do not Press A on the health and safety screen, instead press and hold both the (+) and (-) buttons.
3-Continuing holding them until the health and safety screen switches to the wii menu.
4-If done correctly, a messsage will pop up informing you that the system is in Maintenance Mode

(Maintenance mode disables the wii message board, all other systems features remain intact.)

As I said I once had the same problem, I would turn my wii on and before I had time to even select a channel the wii would freeze (Along with an annoying buzz sound) Maintenance mode kept my wii from freezing, but I had to use it ever time I turned on my console. Eventually after a new update became available, and I updated my system the problem was removed. I do not know if an update can permanently solve your problem, but hopefully maintenance mode will help.

Please post whether or not it works.

andrix10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I fix it if if I get ssb and then use the GameCube controller to reinstall the 4.3u firmware or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't