[wii]bad graphics

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by weriak, Oct 25, 2014.

1. weriak
    OP

weriak Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    Hello, I've just bought a second hand wii with homebrew installed, I installed usb gx loader and loaded a downloaded iso game(zelda twilight princess).

I loaded the game but it's like the resolution is messed up, the graphics are like the game was running on 680p, I can clearly see the pixels on the screen. Please help :d

2. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    That's how it's supposed to look like. What did you expect? HD graphics?

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    The Wii only goes up to 480p Anamorphic Widescreen. The Wii is essentially a more powerful GameCube, hardware wise. If you really want a HD Wii, there's a good Wii emulator named Dolphin. Some games it's really nice for (Sonic Colors at 60fps makes it feel so much more responsive) but I normally still play the games on the Wii over the emulator as resolution doesn't matter much to me.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  4. weriak
    OP

weriak Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    No, trust me, i had a wii before, and even played the same game, the graphics are far worse, it's like everything is pixelated

5. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    What connection are you using? Even then, some cheaper HDTVs don't handle enlarging low resolution video all that well.

6. weriak
    OP

weriak Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

7. weriak
    OP

weriak Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    i'm using these with a SCART connector:
    [​IMG]

8. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    So you're converting composite to SCART? That's not going to improve the quality above composite. The best video you're going to get out of the Wii requires component cables.

9. weriak
    OP

weriak Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    My monitor doesn't have an input for composite, only for component. Will it get better if i buy the component cables?

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Yes, component or RGB, will look a lot better as it separates the color into three signals.

11. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I'd get a component to HDMI/VGA/SCART adapter (whatever your monitor supports). In any case, component is far superior than composite. Once you do have it connected through component, you'll have to go into the Wii settings and adjust it to suit your monitor.

12. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Also, make sure your running the NTSC version of Twilight Princess. The PAL version has a known issue which makes the image look blurry no matter what.