Hacking Wii backups working anymore!

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've had my wii softmodded for months and the disks I've been using are fine, but since yesterday all my loaders have been acting up. I started up Bully on softchip (which always worked till now) and now it gives me an Ioctl error! With NeoGamma and WiiGator's I get a disk read error! I don't know what's up, I haven't changed a thing on my wii, it just started happening recently! Any suggestions?

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's the last activity your Wii had before this happened.

System Update maybe?

You may also reinstall cIOS and stuff.

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I haven't done a system update! I haven't done any activities other than playing games on it for a while!

Reinstall cIOS? Well the problem is it doesn't even read originals anymore =[! Do cIOS affects those??

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it even has problems with originals then it's most likely the laser giving out. If you have an external hard drive I'd suggest switching over to using that instead to load your games to put less stress on your dvd drive.

Or you could try one of those wii laser cleaning discs or something.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ALWAYS TRY THE CLEANER FIRST. I thought I had a dead drive but the $15 cleaner worked great for me. You cant use any old dvd lens cleaner either cuz the wii cant read it

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cseru1 said:
Nope, I haven't done a system update! I haven't done any activities other than playing games on it for a while!

Reinstall cIOS? Well the problem is it doesn't even read originals anymore =[! Do cIOS affects those??

The Wii's DVD drive laser is going out or is too dirty.
You can further confirm this by trying to load a game from a USB Loader (i.e. USB Loader GX) from a USB Thumb Drive or External USB Hard Drive...

If that is the case, then trying a DVD laser clearner; I cannot suggest a specific one as I never tried one on my Wii...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it just the Bully disk or ALL disks!?

Try cleaning the disk or if its a backup re copy it and try the new copy
smile.gif

If its was previously working then don't change your loaders unless you changed them recently between the working time and now if you have messed with them since it was last working then revert to the working loader see if that makes a difference!

edit just seen the part where you have tried other games!

as above try a disk cleaner ... and regards to buying an official Nintendo one has anyone tried any other cleaner disks and used a homebrew media player to load the cleaning disk!?

skip that forgot its a SLOT LOADER ... maby best to track down the official cleaner a normal disk cleaner may get stuck when trying to remove the disk!

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys! I tried using the official wii lens cleaning kit and to no avail, it didn't work
frown.gif

I have no idea what's wrong with it, it's all games! It won't read my legit games or anything, I can switch to a USB loader but only if it's my last resort(since I'll have to go out and buy stuff!) Anyone else have other suggestions??

If more info is needed, I'm getting at 721 error on NeoGamma and a Ioctl error on softchip
I'm running 4.0 using the ultimate system guide for 4.0 and it's been awesome till now of course
backup launcher giving me the 324, but it's not even loading up the disk!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only choice is to limit yourself to USB loading or send the thing in to get the drive fixed. Sending it in would probably be good since gamecube stuff can't run from an HDD yet.

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks! One last question before this is all resolved,
when I send it in, will i get in trouble for all the VC and WiiWare stuff on there? Plus homebrew? Or since it's a drive problem, will they just fix the drive?

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, sorry for a bump! It's just important to know if I need to do anything before I send it in? I know getting rid of all the WiiWare and VC I got is for sure, but anything else? Should I uninstall homebrew channel?

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be safe remove anything hacking, piracy, or homebrew related. There have been rumors of addt'l charges. It can't hurt since you likely wont even get the same Wii back.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add to this, if you do send your wii back, your may get the latest boot2version and you may get a boot1 fixed wii, so think carefully about sending it in, as this happoned to my friend, only because they CAUGHT it with hacks on it. Other mates didn't get caught. but it may just be a random thing nintendo do, like random checking for hacks etr.
Thanks, Alex.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo