Wii backup loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by happyendin21, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010

Wii backup loader? by happyendin21 at 5:35 AM (657 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. happyendin21
    OP

Newcomer happyendin21 Newbie

United States
    Hi,

I am new to this mod stuff... I have an older wii however it has been updated to menu version 4.1u. I have installed the homebrew channel ad also tried to run gamma .3 and the associated cios. I got a cios to install and when I burned my game to a cheap dvd-r It gave me a dvd read err342 no cios. I am curious if it is really possible to play backup games on my wii running this menu version without a mod chip. I have kids and they get into everything. and tend to ruin games. I would love to be able to succesfully backup and play games. can you shine any light on what I might be doing wrong or maybe have to do that I haven't. I appreciate any input on the matter. Happy moding.

2. happyendin21
    OP

Newcomer happyendin21 Newbie

United States
    I first tried gamma with the sonic icon cios installer. however it wanted to connnect to the internet which i didn't have so i didn't have any success with that version. I then found another version and tried that cios installer (didn't have a sonic image) that one did install but i didn't have any luck with the back up games. I also tried cioscorp and the wad file gave me an error. so I then went back to the version with the sonic image and got an internet connection. It went through a process of installation and at the end it said install rejected! not sure what to do or where to go. I am not sure if its nessecary for me to downgrade to 3.2 3.3 or not. I would prefer not to but would really like to have backups of my games since they represent a significant investment. Help Please!!! thanks

3. Im bored

Newcomer Im bored Advanced Member

United States
  4. Im bored

Newcomer Im bored Advanced Member

United States
    also installing cioscorp modifies a big chunk of your systems i really would not recommend using that but its your wii and if you decide that u want to use that go for it just do research before you modify it using that.