Hacking Wii Back-Up Manager transfering back-ups.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question fellas! I was xfering some games to a wbfs to NTFS partition using Wii Back-Up manager. Stop transfering when it got to games that were over 4gbs. It was a wbfs to ntfs. Any info would be great. Thanks below is the break down of my scenario:

WD Passport 320GB(actual size of drive 298.02 GB) I have two partitions. WBFS(Active):149.02GB NTFS:149.02GB

The WBFS partition has all my current back-ups on it. Some of which I ripped from actual disk using USB Loader GX.

Before creating the WBFS partition I did not know that NTFS was supported. So what I would like to do is copy my library on to the NTFS partition. I proceeded to select all from drive 1: wbfs and transfer to drive2: ntfs, at first attempt it failed at 13%. I noticed it stopped at a game that over GBs. I checked the options on the Wii back-Up Manager and changed it to Unlimited. It still failed. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to xfer these back-ups to my ntfs partition?

The idea is to xfer them to the ntfs partition. Then use Partition magic to delete the existing wbfs partition and then merge the majority of the free space to the ntfs partition. Leave a small 8.4gb partition soley for wbfs in order to use the install feature on USB Loader GX. Then xfer them to the ntfs partition. Thats my plan anyway. Also gives me the Whole drive to not only store back-ups but what ever else I would like to place on the drive.

Any help to make this happen would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Version 0.3.2 fixed a problem with .wbfs to WBFS that also existed in libWBFS. There may still be something wrong with WBFS to .wbfs when the block sizes are different. I won't able to test this or try to fix this until tomorrow.
frown.gif

Have you tried using ISO on NTFS? See the option in the settings dialog.

@Tashi
I might've forgot to add it to the features list.
smile.gif

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
Version 0.3.2 fixed a problem with .wbfs to WBFS that also existed in libWBFS. There may still be something wrong with WBFS to .wbfs when the block sizes are different. I won't able to test this or try to fix this until tomorrow.
frown.gif

Have you tried using ISO on NTFS? See the option in the settings dialog.

@Tashi
I might've forgot to add it to the features list.
smile.gif

Yep, it is enabled.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FiveseveN said:
Quick question fellas! I was xfering some games to a wbfs to NTFS partition using Wii Back-Up manager. Stop transfering when it got to games that were over 4gbs. It was a wbfs to ntfs. Any info would be great. Thanks below is the break down of my scenario:

WD Passport 320GB(actual size of drive 298.02 GB) I have two partitions. WBFS(Active):149.02GB NTFS:149.02GB

The WBFS partition has all my current back-ups on it. Some of which I ripped from actual disk using USB Loader GX.

Before creating the WBFS partition I did not know that NTFS was supported. So what I would like to do is copy my library on to the NTFS partition. I proceeded to select all from drive 1: wbfs and transfer to drive2: ntfs, at first attempt it failed at 13%. I noticed it stopped at a game that over GBs. I checked the options on the Wii back-Up Manager and changed it to Unlimited. It still failed. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to xfer these back-ups to my ntfs partition?

The idea is to xfer them to the ntfs partition. Then use Partition magic to delete the existing wbfs partition and then merge the majority of the free space to the ntfs partition. Leave a small 8.4gb partition soley for wbfs in order to use the install feature on USB Loader GX. Then xfer them to the ntfs partition. Thats my plan anyway. Also gives me the Whole drive to not only store back-ups but what ever else I would like to place on the drive.

Any help to make this happen would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Send me the log when it fails so I can see what's happening. Make sure full debug is enabled before starting the transfers, in the menu on the log page. The only guess I can make without more info is that the partition is formatted as FAT32 instead of NTFS.

It's usually better to use the app's thread for support because this is quite a busy forum and a single post can easily be on page 3 or 4 within in a matter of hours.

Does 0.3.3 have the same problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it