GCN Wii and Gamecube Component Cables the same?

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought some Monster Game Component cables for my PS2 to put on my SDTV and man did it look alot better and I actually want to play it now. I'm looking to do the same for my Gamecube (w/ Digital AV out) has the same component cables as the Nintendo Wii? I see gamecube component cables going for crazy money on ebay but don't want to pay those kind of prices.

Also the official NGC Component cables look like it only support the video, are there and good ones that also come with Audio? If not the how do i hook it up? A combination of composite/component, thats stupid!!!

Yes I know I have old systems, I don't own a Xbox 360/PS3/Wii cause its not cheap yet, just trying to get some use of the ones I do own when not playing my NDSL/PSP Slim.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii uses a completely different analog-only port.

Although Nintendo never officially released a true digital A/V cable for Gamecube (its component cable has a digital>analog chip inside), Wii lacks the ability to output digital at all.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone sell knockoffs that work? Or how about the imported japanese ones, will those be ok? I thought I read they only work on a japan system.

Valkerion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are alot of what i assume to be knock offs on ebay. They are component cables for PS2/GC/Xbox all in one cable with diffrent ports for the systems. they cost about 10 bucks but i assume they work cause ive seen them amazon ect.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are seriously a bunch of people trying to sell GC specific component video cables for like $60+ on ebay. I have been having a bit of trouble locating a good generic one. Sucks because I used to have one back in the day, but now they're no where to be found!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night