Wii 3.3U Update

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zant said:
yeah, they SHOULD still work. assuming u have a mod chip? it should have partial region freeness and you can alway s use the gecko region frii.

and to my understanding, i dont thing regionfrii signs anything, it only patchs.... but i could be wrong...

when i did it with regionfrii or was it wiifrii i really cant remember it was signed with trucha and patched the dol file

depends on that

BuDaH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamehall.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
IMO Nintendo took so long to fix the TP Hack/Bug... And well, they did it. But as the scene's pros are announcing, TP Hack was just the very beginning of the process, We gonna see a lot more bugs showing up (that's what I hope) and for those who didn't installed the HBC (i'm included in this list!) the time has come.

What's the point updating anyway? Two little Mii changes and a hack fix?! Nah, thanks, I skip this one.
hate2.gif

nedthehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shad0wguy said:
Looks like I should be safe to update since I already have HBC installed and have no further need for the TP hack.
I'm in the same boat as you, but I'll wait til I hear something more official. Bushins is supposed to release a workaround, and ocne I know that works (for backup) then I'm defiatly upgrading! This firmware sounds AWESOME!

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pirating WiiWare was the only thing that stopped us from pirating full games .... so, you know what ninty wants us to do!

smoger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't believe anyone is surprised or upset by this. homebrew is one thing, maybe they would have ignored that.

but, how could you expect them to ignore all the piracy? personally, i'm glad. i don't want to see them stop making WiiWare games due to lack of sales... already lost the Dreamcast that way.

just my .02

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smoger said:
can't believe anyone is surprised or upset by this. homebrew is one thing, maybe they would have ignored that.

but, how could you expect them to ignore all the piracy? personally, i'm glad. i don't want to see them stop making WiiWare games due to lack of sales... already lost the Dreamcast that way.

just my .02

Dreamcast was an epic fail no matter how u look at it... was launched way before its time, and i mean WAY before.

And the piracy aspect was just the final nail in the coffin....

Anyway how is wiiware and the dreamcast related? last time i checked they are 2 different concepts, and business models
wacko.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Sega made the opposite mistake in timing Dreamcast than Saturn.

The US Saturn was launched too early. Developers didn't have much for games ready, which made its library weak.

The JP Saturn came out before PS2 was publicly unveiled. But by the time of its US date, PS2's unveiling made the hype train explode.

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
toxicbomber said:
This whole thing is ridiculous. Shame on you, Ninty!
mad.gif

Why should they be ashamed? Although we as the consumer benefit from the Twilight Hack, Nintendo are losing business because of us. So if anyone is to be ashamed, it is us.

All companies have the right the protect their intellectual property. Look what happened when Nintendo didn't trademark the Playstation. Loss of billions of dollars there. It's the same concept: Copying for the benefit or another, and we're taking advantage of it. The last thing we could do is blast Nintendo for blocking the Twilight Hack: We deserved it.

Anyway, to go COMPLETELY against all of what I said, I hope they find a solution soon
rofl2.gif
! Go Team Hackers!

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theclaw said:
Not really. Sega made the opposite mistake in timing Dreamcast than Saturn.

The US Saturn was launched too early. Developers didn't have much for games ready, which made its library weak.

The JP Saturn came out before PS2 was publicly unveiled. But by the time of its US date, PS2's unveiling made the hype train explode.

thats right sorry, i get the 2 mixed up it was launched late with features before its time, features that are only just starting to appear again

/looks at my dreamcast internet keyboard and internet browser GD-ROM

official browser for consoles

lets see we have opera DS and Opera Wii

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are so many people complaining?

It's obvious Nintendo would want to do something about it as it is being abused for piracy! Your old arguments about 10 yr old VC games etc. don't work with wii-ware, these are projects by (mostly) smaller developers that are trying to get a game out there and make a bit of money, and you are downloading them for free... when they are just a few dollars/pounds anyway - when the smaller gaming market may be what they are after.

The old 'I just use it for homebrew' won't work either, because although you might, plenty of people don't just use homebrew.

The reason they took so long is because they have to go through rigorous testing, anything that could have a chance of causing a problem wouldn't be allowed out, whereas the 'hackers' will release alphas/betas which have a chance of working incorrectly (not necessarily bricking..).

So be annoyed that you can't pirate, but you can't really fault their efforts to combat it.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Joey90 said:

It's obvious Nintendo would want to do something about it as it is being abused for piracy! Your old arguments about 10 yr old VC games etc. don't work with wii-ware, these are projects by (mostly) smaller developers that are trying to get a game out there and make a bit of money, and you are downloading them for free... when they are just a few dollars/pounds anyway - when the smaller gaming market may be what they are after.

The old 'I just use it for homebrew' won't work either, because although you might, plenty of people don't just use homebrew.

The reason they took so long is because they have to go through rigorous testing, anything that could have a chance of causing a problem wouldn't be allowed out, whereas the 'hackers' will release alphas/betas which have a chance of working incorrectly (not necessarily bricking..).

So be annoyed that you can't pirate, but you can't really fault their efforts to combat it.

I agree with this post.

A lot of people, even me, are using these exploits to pirate games like Lost Winds or My Life as a King. Yes, Nintendo fixed these exploits because they don't want piracy on their console. So, what's the problem ?

Stop using homebrews as a proof that these exploits can be used for legal stuff. There is NO interesting homebrew at this time (except ScummVM). Tetris, Pre alpha version of Wii64 which can't emulate anything, who fucking care ? I don't want to be mean against these developpers but all the homebrew scene is composed of proof of concepts.

We are pirate and we are the problem, Nintendo is just acting like a normal company. Games aren't free.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey90 said:

Im not complaining
smile.gif

personally i dont care, i have been answering questions all day about what will and wont work
just because im used to it (it was my old job when i was modding for a company).

personally actually i wish people who are on my ISP were here....

mmmmmm think of the excess download charges making a profit from people on my low plans constantly hitting refresh all day

Inisha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
or, use your wii for standard things it supports, and leave the emulation to your computer. tired of a keyboard? hardware controller ftw

i got the games i want on my wii, time to get bigger fish to fry (360, ps3)

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
If i format my wii, can i install the HB channel using the Tw hack? what firmware will i have? also, what about the saves? do i need to transfer them to a SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo