MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if you can install WAD files and access the homebrew channel, use MMM to patch IOS36, then reload MMM into that IOS. Then installing WADs using IOS36 should be a breeze. Use ModMii (on a PC) to install System Menu 4.1, as per their instructions.

D

Deleted User

install System Menu 4.1
Pardon me for asking, but why specifically 4.1? What makes it any more different from softmodding a 4.3 Wii? I mean, isn't the only difference the entrypoint? (4.1 uses bannerBomb; 4.3 uses LetterBomb)

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are little differences. 4.3 (Without Sys Menu Update.) Is best imo because its compatible with the most up to date mods.
Where as ones below on 4.2 may have little updates. Only advantage I see with lower versions is the firmware, but it makes almost no difference since the firmware can be bypassed completely by removing STUB IOS's, and install & patch IOS 39 (AKA Trucha Bug.) To allow installation to allow more Wii Features.

Also 4.1 the only advantage with that FW is Mymenuify will work correctly, and Trucha Bug may already be present on the Wii.
With newer versions of FW on the Wii, you can still do this, but you will have to manually dig into information to have them work correctly, which is what I had to do with limited sources...

Reactions: Deleted User

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
use ios 236 installer and then use this wad in wad manager, that will fix the non installing problem, or use a different wad installer (most need patched ioses)... you can however also first update original way

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i download the file i needed for the 4.1 sys menu, now i want to know, do i just install the wad , or do i have to get rid of bootmii and preloader first?

Last edited by SexiestManAlive,

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you'll install ios 236 by iosinstaller (and you'll tell it you're not a pirate)... it installs an extra ios witch has the signing bug without modding your original files, but your wii will see it as an original ios.
install everything you'll through ios236. everything should now work without an error.
use DOP-Mii: WiiBrew edition for updating the system and all original files if you wanna do it safe. (you'll need network on w24 on and parental controll switched off)

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)