Wii #2834 - Boom Street (Europe)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shows how much Americans knows about the rest of world! Ignorance is bliss... :D

Fag is used commonly to describe a cigarette in the UK and such but over here it's a highly offensive term towards the gay community.

It's a different form of the same language. Don't make such a bullshit generalizations when it's clearly unfounded. I give a thumbs up to my friend's all the time but in other cultures it could be seen as offensive. It's called culture.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....I think both names are pretty crap to be honest :/ But I'm curious how they got from Fortune to Boom o__O Blegh, they should've just kept the japanese name or changed the name altogether imo...

keeping the original itadaki street would be bad. kids wouldn't know how to pronounce it. fortune sounds better than boom

T

TheRealVisitor

"Boom Street" sounds really stupid.

I'm glad they named it "Straßen des Glücks" in Germany, what means "streets of fortune" and sounds quite similar to the American title.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The US version has been leaked as well and has been out a while. I heard this game is pretty bad though. It is like Mario party, but less fun. In single player, you can only play as Mii, which is dumb. The mini games are more or less stocks and investing. Much like monopoly, one game can last 2 hours+, which is a drag in story mode. You buy up all of the stocks and make X amount of money, then head to the banker and you win, kind of like getting 20 coins and then buying a star. This game is not for everybody either, unlike Nintendo has been saying. I doubt most people know what I mean when I say invest in dividends, Buy Low, sell High, ect.

Overall, If you like monopoly and investing in stocks and stuff get it. If you want a Mario party game, just get Mario Party,

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
In spanish the title is different is "Distrito Fortuna" means "Fortune District" is something like to "Fortune street", I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, I own a dsi and a ps3