Wii #2085 - Transformers: War For Cybertron (USA)

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
This is actually good.

Not great, but good.

It's just your regular on-rail shooter... Or "semi-on-rail" because you can cover and there are parts that you can control a car.

I really liked the graphics. The art is generic, but tecnicaly it is not bad. There are a lot of really nice ligthing effects that we rarely see on Wii.

bingobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.x-pec.com
XP
Country
Norway
Okey, I'm quite new to all this, just recently installed bannerbomb etc, got homebrew upnrunning, cfg usb loader for my isos. Every backup I have on my HDD works great, new SMB, zelda, TvC allstars, galaxy2. But for some reason, Transformers wants to run in black/white.. wth? Like i said, I'm new, be gentle
tongue.gif

kalantiaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've got a PAL Wii and you run an NTSC copy or vice versa this will happen. Go to the game settings/options, under the video mode (I think) or which option lets you change the game settings into PAL or NTSC and make the appropriate adjustment, i.e. force NTSC if your game backup is PAL or force PAL if your game backup is NTSC. Hope this helps!

Back to the game. Is anyone interested at all in this game for the storyline? I mean, yeah, it has to have killer gameplay, but a deep storyline adds to the experience don't you think. I'm gonna play this game for that, and even if it is just a GOOD game I think the story itself will push it further and add to my rating of it. Just my two cents.
rolleyes.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really, really like this game. I just finished up the Autobot campaign, and I'm moving onto the Decepticons now. It's very, very, very short...but it's a lot of fun. I feel like I'm back at New Roc City's arcade plaza, playing House of the Dead with those silly light guns. It feels a lot more immersible than the other on-rails shooter games for the Wii - it feels like I'm watching one of the old G1 cartoons, and that's awesome.

Oh, and the 2 player isn't really all that. When driving, the second player controls the guns and missiles while player 1 controls the steering, and on the run the second player gets their own blaster. That's about it.

bingobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.x-pec.com
XP
Country
Norway
kalantiaw said:
If you've got a PAL Wii and you run an NTSC copy or vice versa this will happen. Go to the game settings/options, under the video mode (I think) or which option lets you change the game settings into PAL or NTSC and make the appropriate adjustment, i.e. force NTSC if your game backup is PAL or force PAL if your game backup is NTSC. Hope this helps!

Sweet!

Noticed one thing, the titlescreen says "transformers, cybertron adventures". It's the same game, right?

DrFiishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
th game isnt bad...but its aint great either...would be more fun if it wasnt an onrail shooter/.....then again i shouldnt be complaining its still transformers =P

kalantiaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bingobot said:
Noticed one thing, the titlescreen says "transformers, cybertron adventures". It's the same game, right?

Yeah, it's the toned-down title for the Wii but it's the same as WFC for the ps3 and 360.

QUOTEthen again i shouldnt be complaining its still transformers =P

My point exactly! Transfans will mostly get this for the story, forgiving the flaws on the gameplay end.
smile.gif

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to point out the humor in this topic.

Mainly the fact that the people who HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED OUT THE GAME seem to claim that it's "decent" to "pretty good". Meanwhile everyone who HASN'T PLAYED IT is calling it awful or a bad game.

HMMM...

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DemonicChocobo said:

Mainly the fact that the people who HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED OUT THE GAME seem to claim that it's "decent" to "pretty good". Meanwhile everyone who HASN'T PLAYED IT is calling it awful or a bad game.

HMMM...
LoL isnt that how it always is?

Antoni-YO!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:

HMMM...

I would agree with you if I didn't play the game. If someone thinks the game is good, they haven't compared it to any other system's Transformers.

I can understand decent... I really wouldn't call it decent though.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:

HMMM...

i have played it and compared to other on rails shooters its bad. compared to the 360 and pc version its horrible.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
just dont compare it to the xbox and ps3 versions and you wont get disappointed.

its quite a decent game i think. better than the other transformers game released on the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's not funny