Swaziland
Goli said:
Blue-K said:
Goli said:
I know japanese!
I just can't find this game anywhere.
I found the Torrent in one minute
tongue.gif
. But yes, it seems that there are no direct links right now.
My googling skills must suck since I can't find it anywhere that I've used before on torrents.
NetShowBT is in the name
wink.gif
. Otherwise, just type Xenoblade_JAP_WII-TMD in Google and go to the Chinese-Sites.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the game is bad !
look, there's no subtitles when the characters are speaking... which means two things :
- Undub will not be possible if there's no english at the same time
- English spoken is hard to understand for foreigners not used to hear english.

We will have to wait for a localized version in our own language (which always sucks).

Now, maybe, there's an option to set subtitles ON
biggrin.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Cyan said:
I think the game is bad !
look, there's no subtitles when the characters are speaking... which means two things :
- Undub will not be possible if there's no english at the same time
- English spoken is hard to understand for foreigners not used to hear english.

We will have to wait for a localized version in our own language (which always sucks).

Now, maybe, there's an option to set subtitles ON
biggrin.gif
What?
It has subtitles, on cutscenes.
And I don't understand the rest of your post.
Have you really played it?
Didn't you Wii die or something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't play it, I just looked at youtube videos, they often don't have subtitles on cutscene.
So maybe there's an option to have subtitles ON/OFF ?

When What I'm talking about is, people don't like english voices, they always try to undub to japanese voices.
But if there's no subtitles (as seen in youtube's trailers), then undubbing will not have any benefit.

About the second point, there's not only english people in the world, and playing game with english spoken only, whithout english subtitles (when it will be localized to US), will not be easy to play for foreigners.

And finally, about my Wii, it came back to life, I don't know how.
maybe there's a fuse heat inside.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I didn't play it, I just looked at youtube videos, they often don't have subtitles on cutscene.

When What I'm talking about is, people don't like english voices, they always try to undub to japanese voices.
But if there's no subtitles (as seen in youtube's trailers), then undubbing will not have any benefit.

About the second point, there's not only english people in the world, and playing game with english spoken only, whithout english subtitles (when it will be localized to US), will not be easy to play for foreigners.

how can you say the game is bad if you never played it?????? you troll

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Cyan said:

It HAS subtitles, can't you see them? They are in japanese though.
And subtitles have nothing to do with undubbing.
I know there's not only english-speaking people in the world, I'm not from a country that officially speaks english, I'm from Chile, if you hadn't noticed
rolleyes.gif
. But that doesn't matter since games are usually localized into spanish, french, german, and others when they're released in America and/or Europe.
And
yaywii.gif
about your Wii.

cubia59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any of you can actually post links of youtube videos you're all talking about ? The ones i've seen are trailers and BGM, no one have posted walkthrough videos or starting the game, that's why i'm wondering how do you know if there are no sub ?

Edit : nevermind, you did...
rofl2.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Goli said:
*snip*
It HAS subtitles, can't you see them? They are in japanese though.
And subtitles have nothing to do with undubbing.
I know there's not only english-speaking people in the world, I'm not from a country that officially speaks english, I'm from Chile, if you hadn't noticed
rolleyes.gif
. But that doesn't matter since games are usually localized into spanish, french, german, and others when they're released in America and/or Europe.
And
yaywii.gif
about your Wii.
I see that video you gave has subtitle, I'm relieved
tongue.gif

the other trailer didn't.
Subtitles has to do, because if there's no subtitles at all, it's like playing japanese version and not understanding anything (more if the game is only spoken for the main story lol)

Yeah, I saw you are from chile ^^
But, I don't like french speaking dub, they are awfull, I like japanese most, or at least english, but with subtitles to understand everything correctly.
And thanks for my wii !

I didn't troll, I was not talking about the game's story, but at the fact it's bad that they didn't included subtitles, because we won't (will could not) undub it.
The game is great and I want to play it very much. It was a pune/joke. sorry if you didn't understood the meaning and took it for the main story. I didn't play it, I can't say it's bad for it's content.

cubia59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, i'm glad they added subtitles too. I'm used to play japanese games either way. I attended a japanese class for like a year, my japanese is still at a basic level, but i can understand a few things. I can read kana & some kanji, understand where i have to go, to who i need to talk, reading item and stuff like that, but understanding the whole story is going to be a pain.

But i am pretty sure they are going to release it sooner or later, wasn't it supposed to be release this fall to the US ?

The Last Story is the other one i'm waiting for aswell, my wii is finally getting out of dust, yay!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hehe always this undubbing stuff.
Funny things is most people can´t even say if the japanese dub is really better since they don´t understand the language
wink.gif
and anyway what about waiting until it comes in US or PAL regions then we will see what languages are in it or not.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After watching the trailer in the first page i came to a conclusion about this game: the characters are marathoners!
tongue.gif

Stupid jokes apart, the game looks very nice.

cubia59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii was kinda made for casual players (i'm not saying it's a fact, but it seems rather true), that's why most companies are not making RPG. Then again, you can play Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, now there will be Xenoblade and soon enough The Last Story. But yeah most of them will be in japanese and getting EU/US released mainly depends on sales...

Just looking at Tales of Vesperia, the new version released on PS3 might get an US release so many months after the japanese one, it's really frustrating, but we gotta deal with it...
closedeyes.gif

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see how any of you guys can relate this game with MH aside from the big monsters. I mean, the game isn't fully real time like MH nor is the battle system that similar. And please, please don't say MH would be better with this game's system.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nIxx said:
Hehe always this undubbing stuff.
Funny things is most people can´t even say if the japanese dub is really better since they don´t understand the language
wink.gif
it's not what they are saying, it's the voice acting which is horrible in French. There are very few voice actors, so they try to distort their voice to dub more characters, usually 1 voice actor is doing 2 or 3 characters in the same episode/game/movie at the same time ! It is very horrible to have forced imaginary voices, and they don't know how to make the feeling pass into the voice as they concentrate on imitating their imaginary voice instead of acting correctly. they never do a research about the physical of the character to match it's voice. It's the case for real movies too, not only anime and games. They are bad in French, they can't help. They are better in japan, I guess because I'm used to anime, so I know how japanese seiyuu (voice actors) interpret each feeling. but, whatever the reason is, it's not understanding what they are saying, it's feeling the situation accordingly.

Imagine a movie without intonation in the voice, you have French dubbers!

Sorry for the off subject, not related to the game.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cubia59 said:
Wii was kinda made for casual players (i'm not saying it's a fact, but it seems rather true), that's why most companies are not making RPG. Then again, you can play Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, now there will be Xenoblade and soon enough The Last Story. But yeah most of them will be in japanese and getting EU/US released mainly depends on sales...

Just looking at Tales of Vesperia, the new version released on PS3 might get an US release so many months after the japanese one, it's really frustrating, but we gotta deal with it...
closedeyes.gif
Im surprised we are getting Tales of Graces. I was afraid it was gonna join the list of Tales of games we will never get to play (Tales of Innocence, Heart, and Tempest are the most recent ones). As far as Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 goes, (same as the 360 version just with bonus playable characters), there is no plans of an international release date (just like how they did with Tales of Symphonia for the Ps2 (same as the Gamecube version just with bonus playable characters and the incorparation of HI-Ougis for every character)that never left Japan) We are lucky we are getting Arc Rising Fantasia and Xenoblade because RPGs dont sell well internationally. The only RPGs that make some kind of money outside of Japan are Final Fantasy games, usually. Every other attempt to internationally make profit off of RPG games has proved financially depressing. Alot of companies, which seems to include Namco now, are not willing to risk the time and the money on an international version.

cubia59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
there is no plans of an international release date

I do agree, no one announced a release date for the EU/US version of Tales of Vesperia (PS3), but it's most likely going to be released. Why ? Because the voice actor of Yuri (Troy Baker) told during a Q&A that he already did the voice acting for the PS3 version.

Here's the link : http://scrawlfx.com/2010/06/troy-baker-con...zation-in-video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.