Wii #2018 - Monster Hunter Tri (USA)

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent too many hours on these games, I wont give in to this one, until the 360 or PS3 version comes out...and maybe Metal Gear Monster Hunter for the PSP.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy, to those who do play this...looks great.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
Nottulys said:
I wont give in to this one, until the 360 or PS3 version comes out

Monster Hunter 3 is a Wii exclusive, isn't it?
Monster Hunter Tri is a Wii exclusive but Ps3 and 360 are getting Monster Hunter Frontier (easily the best Monster Hunter). Thats what that person meant. Dunno why that person said version. Either it was a typo or that person thinks that Frontier is the same as Tri. Which its not. Monster Hunter Frontier is just a port of the Pc game of the same name. since it never got an international release they decided to make the international release a console release instead of a Pc release. Where as, Monster Hunter Tri is a brand new game with majority of new content.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me how to identify monsters and add them to my notes in Monster Hunter tri? Missed the tutorial on that and can't find the info.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
BlueStar said:
Nottulys said:
I wont give in to this one, until the 360 or PS3 version comes out

Monster Hunter 3 is a Wii exclusive, isn't it?
Monster Hunter Tri is a Wii exclusive but Ps3 and 360 are getting Monster Hunter Frontier (easily the best Monster Hunter). Thats what that person meant. Dunno why that person said version. Either it was a typo or that person thinks that Frontier is the same as Tri. Which its not. Monster Hunter Frontier is just a port of the Pc game of the same name. since it never got an international release they decided to make the international release a console release instead of a Pc release. Where as, Monster Hunter Tri is a brand new game with majority of new content.

Man, you have your infos all wrong, first of it will be only a 360 version and it will come out in japan, no international release announced yet, and Monster Hunter Frontier, is stated of one of the worst monster hunters, and it has probably the mostly ugliest monster designs ever created in the franchise.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works for me with cfg usb loader with hermes v5 using 223, but I can't spend too long at the menu between village and city or it'll crash.

My drive is FAT32, btw, so I'm using CFG USB-222

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qdog82 said:
Man, you have your infos all wrong, first of it will be only a 360 version and it will come out in japan, no international release announced yet, and Monster Hunter Frontier, is stated of one of the worst monster hunters, and it has probably the mostly ugliest monster designs ever created in the franchise.
That is one long ass run on sentence there buddy. For one Monster Hunter Frontier IS a port of Monster Hunter Frontier (jp) for the Pc with added content. For 2 yeah there isnt an official international release date but it is in the works or else there wouldn't be a vid of it to download from NA XBL (I know because I downloaded it and it is sitting on my 360 as we speak) For 3 Monster Hunter Frontier PC out-grossed all the Monster Hunters combined when it first debuted in 2007 and still is running strong to this day. Ppl still praise it as the best Monster Hunter of all time and are geared for the 360 release. Sorry numbers speak louder than your ignorant opinion. No, the most ugly Monster Hunter designs are all the ones put on PsP. And lastly I only said "Ps3 and 360" because they have said that games of this nature to be 360 or Ps3 exclusives before and that ends up being false later on when they make a Ps3 or 360 counterpart.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maxpouliot said:
Can someone tell me how to identify monsters and add them to my notes in Monster Hunter tri? Missed the tutorial on that and can't find the info.
Go to the menu screen then go to Hunter's Notes. When you see a monster you wanna put in the book just grab the Wiimote and hold the B button and point it at the sensor with the Hunter's Notes menu open. The Hunter's Notes menu will slide out of view and a cursor will show up on the screen along with a little book in the bottom right hand corner. Highlight the monster using that cursor then press A (at this point you should be holding A + B similar to how you move Channels to a differant spot on the Wii Menu) and drag the information down to the little book in the bottom right hand corner. Cool feature, I just wish they would have alowed you to get to that without having to stop and open the menu (which can get you hit because while in the menu you can't move the camera). That works fine for if you are using the Wiimote and Nunchuck but hell if you are using classic controller. Would have been nice if they just made it inact upon pressing a button like, I dunno, the Zl or the Zr buttons on the top of the classic controller that almost no game ever uses.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Xale said:
does anyone else have trouble loading the game with cheats? it freezes for me if i even try to play it with ocarina on

I wouldn't use cheats. If you play online you will be auto-banned.
i dont plan to use cheats online, just for single player

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZenZero said:
can anyone tell me how to get this working on usb loader gx?
Would need to know more about what you have on your Wii but I can tell you what worked for me. I just downloaded Hermes cIOS v4, installed it on my Wii. Installed cIOS 222 37 + 38 merged from the Hermes cIOS v4 menu. Works fine.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
silkyskeeter said:
ZenZero said:
Would need to know more about what you have on your Wii but I can tell you what worked for me. I just downloaded Hermes cIOS v4, installed it on my Wii. Installed cIOS 222 37 + 38 merged from the Hermes cIOS v4 menu. Works fine.

nothing ATM, had it hacked ages ago, but just re-hacked to get this?

never used a usb loader before, treat me like a noob?

all i got ATM is dvdx, bootmii nd HB channel, about to use the trucha bug

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey there everyone,

I'm basically new to the Wii scene we have here and I only softmodded my Wii last week using this part of This Guide
QUOTE said:
Making a NAND backup
Restart your Wii, if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on.
If Bootmii was only installed as an IOS, then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC & clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button.
[You can also navigate with a gc controller.]
Press reset to choose the first option, & then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
[Bad blocks are no problem.]
Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, & keys.bin elsewhere & erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]
Head back to The Homebrew Channel.

Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
Go down to select Install & Patch IOS36.
Choose Express Mode.
Go down to select Remove stubbed IOSs.
Press A everytime it finds a stub.
Go up and choose WAD manager.
Press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

at which point I proceeded to use the Configurable USB Loader

I got Mario Kart Wii and Rune Factory Frontier working right off the bat but as people have found Monster Hunter Tri is a pain in the butt to fix (for someone new to the scene like me
blink.gif
)

so basically would anyone be able to guide me step by step on how to get this working on my Wii with Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif

EDIT:- my Wii is on 4.2E and I've done practically nothing but used the guide above for it

thanks in advance tempers

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZenZero said:
silkyskeeter said:
ZenZero said:

Oh, I see. Im guessing you already have UsbLoader GX installed. Well first off you have to download Hermes cIOS v4 (I think it is against the rules for me to link you to it. That and I dont remember where I got my copy.) Place the contents of the folder named Apps into your Apps folder on you Sd card that you are using for your Wii (just like how you install UsbLoader Gx) Boot up the Wii and head over to the Homebrew Channel. Once inside the Homebrew Channel select the newly added app you just put on there. Then just follow the steps in this video (sorry I dont feel like explaining xD)

This isnt the only way. Just the way I got it to work.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
silkyskeeter said:
ZenZero said:
silkyskeeter said:
ZenZero said:

Oh, I see. Im guessing you already have UsbLoader GX installed. Well first off you have to download Hermes cIOS v4 (I think it is against the rule for me to link you to it. That and I dont remember I got my copy.)

http://filetrip.net/f8367-hermes-cIOS-2222...nstaller-4.html

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
qdog82 said:
That is one long ass run on sentence there buddy. For one Monster Hunter Frontier IS a port of Monster Hunter Frontier (jp) for the Pc with added content. For 2 yeah there isnt an official international release date but it is in the works or else there wouldn't be a vid of it to download from NA XBL (I know because I downloaded it and it is sitting on my 360 as we speak) For 3 Monster Hunter Frontier PC out-grossed all the Monster Hunters combined when it first debuted in 2007 and still is running strong to this day. Ppl still praise it as the best Monster Hunter of all time and are geared for the 360 release. Sorry numbers speak louder than your ignorant opinion. No, the most ugly Monster Hunter designs are all the ones put on PsP. And lastly I only said "Ps3 and 360" because they have said that games of this nature to be 360 or Ps3 exclusives before and that ends up being false later on when they make a Ps3 or 360 counterpart.
Why are you making stuff up? MHF never outsold the the previous versions before of it, nor is it announced for outside of japan, nor for other platform then the 360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1