Wii #0627 - Victorious Boxers Challenge (Europe)

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
omg !
is this hajime no ippo ?

so goooooooooooooooooood
biggrin.gif

mastertard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t4ils said:
omg !
is this hajime no ippo ?

so goooooooooooooooooood
biggrin.gif

Yup, but the game isn't good and the motion controls are flaky (unless you like you your boxers to act schizophrenic). Lacks the depth of the other HnI games out there. English voice acting is trash

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DEF- said:
Offtopic: Posts: 1,337 on GBAtemp.net ^^
thats a permanent figure. it's always like that
smile.gif

i like hajime no ippo, but this game doesnt sound too good aye.

zeckyD

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I like the tv show and played the usa version. Controls with the wiimote and nunchuck are a disater. The game is cool but unplayable, it's not a technical boxing game. Try it if u're fan of hajime no ippo but even like that it's hard to be happy with that game. Graphics are cools. English voice like usual aren't terrible.The multi mode is with slit screen and still is unplayable. My review is 5/10 if you're fan and 3/10 for the others. BUY IT if you're rich
wink.gif

drgary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A very average boxing-game.
IGN: 4.5/10
Gamespot: 6/10

There are two very promising games announced:
* FaceBreaker (EA Sports)
* Don King Presents: Prizefighter (2K Sports)

and another promising one:
* Ready2Rumble - Revolution (10tacle studios)

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I can only wonder why this game has +16 age limit. In here Hellsing Ultimate has +13. If you have seen that, you propably understand what I mean.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
woop clocked this game while testing it out, was gonna throw it to one side once i got knocked out, next thing i know credits are rolling. worst random punch clockage. stick to wii sports, much better controls
smile.gif

if they sorted out the controls this couldve been quite a cool game

used swing mode 2, so you can move while swinging punches

kiwibonga

Trophies
Website
www.kiwibonga.com
XP
Country
France
I can't believe they would change "Revolution" to "Challenge" in the title for the Europe release.

I can just imagine the panel of "experts" in charge of turning blood green and removing witchcraft references going, "Well, we gotta charge them for SOMETHING!" "Ok, how about we change the name? Revolution... You know. Heads getting cut off and stuff? Oh and make the game 16+!" "Pure genius."

I was disappointed when I played the US version too... Voices are horrible, graphics flicker like crazy, and the controls are just plain shoddy... Doesn't do the series justice... In fact, none of the hajime no ippo games do the series justice... A real shame.

mastertard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ARM73 said:
What about the Gamecube controller, I heard it can be used, but does it make the experience any better ?

After a while I played using this method because the motion controls were so unreliable. What results is that easy and normal mode become WAY too easy (all you do is lean forward and throw hard body blows and you'll beat 85% of the people in the game). Didn't try hard mode because I got sick of the game, but I've heard the difficulty is better. It's just that the game is a disappointment when compared to the other HnI games out there that had more depth and responsive controls. There is also not much that gives each separate boxer much personality aside from looks, special moves, and attributes. Of course that sounds like what different characters should be like, but they play too similarly to point where there is not much room to have radically different playing styles. Another thing, depth perception is somewhat a problem from the camera angle

mastertard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiwibonga said:
I can't believe they would change "Revolution" to "Challenge" in the title for the Europe release.

I can just imagine the panel of "experts" in charge of turning blood green and removing witchcraft references going, "Well, we gotta charge them for SOMETHING!" "Ok, how about we change the name? Revolution... You know. Heads getting cut off and stuff? Oh and make the game 16+!" "Pure genius."

I was disappointed when I played the US version too... Voices are horrible, graphics flicker like crazy, and the controls are just plain shoddy... Doesn't do the series justice... In fact, none of the hajime no ippo games do the series justice... A real shame.

Try the GBA game, I'd say it's the best out of the ones I've played... and if you have someone else to play it with, I would imagine it would be great fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5