Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Swedes only: För jak er smart hest
wink.gif
so you're a smart horse? and whats up with the horse mathematics?

anyway been really looking forward to this game since i really liked the GC version im sure this will be good too and if what you guys say is correct this does not work on pal wii's right?

and by the way Post 1000th
hrth.gif
hrth.gif
hrth.gif
blank.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
I think anything about SMG protection can be ruled out. It just doesn't work region free. So there you go. NTSC owners rejoice. PAL owners we will just have to wait
smile.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
yep. the way you read this thread it doesn't work. someone said something about "same protection as smg" but thats bs cause another wiikey owner on here got it to work on NTSC. all PAL does is load the title screen, then go black. This is a token sign of the region free not working.

Game doesn't work on PAL. Lets end this here, and have some actual discussions/thoughts about the game! If i can't play it now, at least let me experience it through someone else!

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone please post up a mini review as I havn't even played it on the GC. Since I won't be playing it any time soon I really want to know what Im missing out on. Thanks

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just played the first mission and then went online for a co-op mission. First impression? It sucks. But I'll give it another shot at some point. Won't be purchasing anytime soon.

I dislike the auto-aim / lock-on system. The game just feels weak to me, no other way to describe it at this point. I think they need to choose, either RTS or FPS, because combining the two on a system with the capabilities of the Wii isn't working out.

I was really looking forward to this game too...

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Its very strange that Battalion Wars 2 doesnt work on PAL, but anyway, theres not that long to wait for a PAL release, its out 25th January 2008.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Every release we have 90% of the posts regarding whether they work on PAL...can the released groups post these in the nfo ahead of time?Â
sleep.gif
;

I agree... But I see a major problem with this. I'm sure the release groups will largely be from the region they are releasing for, so how would they know if it works on another region's console.

This could be easily solved by simply having a status box on the release news page for each release. Kinda like raw dump but for region compatibility!

Eg, for release XXX (NTSC-U): Working on NTSC-J, Not working PAL etc...

Until it is confirmed, just a question mark so everyone can tell immediately if compatibility is known, and if so what the compatibility is! In cases where is ambiguous or conditional, then a link to the wiki!

One sure way to end all this "working on PAL?" business...

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
Every release we have 90% of the posts regarding whether they work on PAL...can the released groups post these in the nfo ahead of time?Â
sleep.gif
;

I agree... But I see a major problem with this. I'm sure the release groups will largely be from the region they are releasing for, so how would they know if it works on another region's console.

This could be easily solved by simply having a status box on the release news page for each release. Kinda like raw dump but for region compatibility!

Eg, for release XXX (NTSC-U): Working on NTSC-J, Not working PAL etc...

Until it is confirmed, just a question mark so everyone can tell immediately if compatibility is known, and if so what the compatibility is! In cases where is ambiguous or conditional, then a link to the wiki!

One sure way to end all this "working on PAL?" business...

i've always thought this was the best idea to approach the problem. it could be a possibility when users are allowed to post their own release information, as stated on gbatemps 5th birthday!

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think that the wiikey update thats supposed to come soon will fix the region problem, or are we stuck till early next year?

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely won't fix it. The current random incompatibility is most likely due to some of the firmware so drive mods wouldn't be able to do anything.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow it must suck to live outside of the U.S. or Japan when you're a gamer...my condolences Europeans.
the situation has greatly improved for gamers in the last 5 years, thanks to being able to play NTSC games on most PAL consoles...

but seriously...how could anyone shed tears for this game when Zack & Wiki was just released and the Mario Galaxy release is just around the corner?
rofl2.gif

it must have been ages since I've been less hyped for a Nintendo game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi