Wii #0259 - Dewy's Adventure (USA)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally a game worth playing after all those shitty releases...
let's hope it works on PAL consoles
bow.gif

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope it doesn't work on PAL. It gets as far as the konami logo, the screen goes white and the wii hardlocks so it doesn't respond to any button presses.
So you have to pull the power plug from the back to switch it off.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope it doesn't work on PAL. It gets as far as the konami logo, the screen goes white and the wii hardlocks so it doesn't respond to any button presses.
didn't the same thing happen with the japanese version?
unsure.gif

well, looks like we'll have to wait another month for the european version
dry.gif

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same thing with japanese version. Apparently Konami knows something about region locking.

I can assure you, that the ice boss in this game just owns, one of the best boss battles on the wii yet.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently doesnt work on PAL.

Has anyone got a nice DVD Cover for this? Or high res artwork so i can make one and share it?

Console-covers.com has been down for days, they got some excellent artists submitting hi res covers there, love it!

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried this at GC and it was a fun classic game. Not too innovative or anything but simply fun. I liked it much better than Elebits. Still trying to decide if I should spend money on it, though.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gave it a quick go and it is a pretty fun twist on the old platformer. The fairy tale story telling intro was very Elebits with the same cheesy stiltedness. I wonder what they'll come up with next..

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Katamari is Bandi-namco, and Dewy is Konami.
tongue.gif

We need more platformers, personally I'm getting sick of all these damn RPGs these days. I grew up on platformers thus I always have and always will have a love for the genre. It really is an under-represented market. Seems like Nintendo (ie. Mario) and Konami (ie. Castlevania and Dewy) are really the only two that seems to do any these days.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope it doesn't work on PAL. It gets as far as the konami logo, the screen goes white and the wii hardlocks so it doesn't respond to any button presses.

is that running 480p? 50 or 60hz? With/without brickblocker?
Haven't tried 480p because I don't have a tv that supports it. Tested at both 50 and 60hz. And not using wiibrickblocker because it wouldn't make a difference anyway because it gets past the the wii menu and starts running the game (up to the konami logo that is)

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just noticed the game leaves notices on the Wii message board thing. Kinda cool since the only other game I've seen do it was... Wii Sports? There's a photo option in game too which works like Metroid's one.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We need more platformers, personally I'm getting sick of all these damn RPGs these days. I grew up on platformers thus I always have and always will have a love for the genre. It really is an under-represented market. Seems like Nintendo (ie. Mario) and Konami (ie. Castlevania and Dewy) are really the only two that seems to do any these days.

Lucky for you Anubis II and Ninjabread Man were just released! Have fun!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol