That one guy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...Is Heroes on at the same time as 24?!!!?!?! Those are my two favorite TV shows
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

OK, I'm done. Discuss.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Jan 27 2007, 01:33 AM)]
Someone on GBAtemp said I look like Hiro from Heroes. Am I meant to be proud of that fact?

Hell-to-the-yeah! Yell out that line! (The words escape me at the moment...)
I wouldn't know. I haven't gotten round to downloading it yet. I'll download it and watch it on my Creative Vision M when I'm on a plane journey next week.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well it doesn't' matter
Heroes is like twenty four times better than 24.
Watch heroes and tivo 24. You'll thank me latter
24 is awful. Heroes is great. Therefore, you have no problem
wink.gif
Heathens. I ought to get Jack Bauer to shoot you in the head then eat your eyes out of your skull.

I haven't seen anything particularly great in Heroes just yet (although the series has only just started over here) - it just seems really disjointed at the moment. Then again Lost started out slow as well (and still moves at a snail's pace for most episodes).

Edit: poll

Foie

That one guy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw that poll of your's Dirtie. Seems a little bit biased, don't you think
wink.gif
And to all of the people saying 24 sucks, well...

shut-up.gif

Umm, yeah. 24 is a better series IMO but I really like heroes as well, so I'm kind of irritated.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like 24 because it's more action packed, more edgy, and most of all, more realistic. People can generally relate to the show because the situations presented are something that actually could, god forbid, happen in everyday life. This is frightening yet it boosts ratings and hell, it keeps me watching every week. The public also likes seeing one certain hero performing seemingly impossible tasks as opposed to multiple Heroes performing ridiculously impossible tasks with "omfgnowai!" powers. Saving the world with your super powers is best left to the comic books and the lovely video games. Real life action is best left to the tube and big screen.
wink.gif

[^] That's not to say I've never watched Heroes... Saw a few episodes and it looks pretty nice
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm re-watching The Prisoner right now so I really can't be bothered!
happy.gif

I've seen none of 24, though I'm a fan of Kiefer's old man, and he hammed it up real good in Dark City.
I started watching Heroes w/the wife and caught like three eps, but it wasn't really all that. I assume it got better, so I'll catch it on DVD one day. I kept on drawing parallels to Xmen and other comics while we watched it, which is probably the true reason why she left me... I'm so irritating!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Jan 27 2007, 06:04 AM)]I like 24 because it's more action packed, more edgy, and most of all, more realistic.

QUOTE said:
realistic.
QUOTE said:
realistic.
realistic.
huh.gif

Far from saying that 24 is a bad show, I like it too, but it's as far from realistic as, for example, CSI (or X files). The proof that Jack Bauer is actually Santa (goes along the same lines as the proof that Santa is dead): There is no possible way that a single man could do all that in only 24 hours, travel the distances, recover from injuries, drugs and other abuse he's generally subject to in every season, without being extremely dead. And the sheer distance Jack traverses in only 24 hours (minus the scenes of standing around shouting) would require such speeds (and here comes the Santa part-) and such accelleration, that he would be squished into a very flat layer of reddish jelly at every turn.

Ergo, either the show isn't realistic, or Jack Bauer is, actually, Santa
laugh.gif

QED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to