OP
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I just thought I could share one of my favorite DC Comics here: "Watchmen" by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

"Why Watchmen?", you may ask...

Well, it's Alan Moore, so in terms of narrative it won't get you disappointed. It's a great story with good character development. And the art by Dave Gibbons is awesome too! :)

I won't extend myself here to avoid spoilers to the ones that don't know the story yet. But believe me, it's definitely worth giving it a shot! :D

23197-1.jpg

If you have already read this masterpiece, what are your thoughts?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watchmen, huh? That's the murder mystery comic series, correct? I haven't really delved into much Vertigo; I don't usually buy comics with higher than a Teen rating (and even some of the Teen-rated books are disturbing - Kamandi comes to mind), but this actually intrigued me. I may actually give this one a try.

Reactions: tfocosta

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
OP
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Watchmen, huh? That's the murder mystery comic series, correct? I haven't really delved into much Vertigo; I don't usually buy comics with higher than a Teen rating (and even some of the Teen-rated books are disturbing - Kamandi comes to mind), but this actually intrigued me. I may actually give this one a try.
It's definitely one of my favorite comics of all time! :D

It's worth it if you like great narratives with a pinch of reality in the mix. The main characters share the same goal but, at the same time, they are very relatable since they have their own personal life problems. Thanks to that, you kinda end up believing that the story could fit in our world.

Of course you have a lot of fiction and fantasy there too. But it shows you how a bunch of retired superheroes behave during hard times and that they can struggle with trivial life issues as normal people do (yes, because it's not all about saving the world but also surviving).

In terms of rating, I think it's rated 12+, so it kinda fits in your "Teen rating" standards. ^_^

Reactions: HarveyHouston

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: