Emulation Why the lifespan of SSD decrease when you load Cemu on it?

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I will just buy some more 8gb of Ram and a 120gb SSD. Nothing more than that. Is this building an entire new PC for you buddy?
And as i said, this pieces is not ONLY to play BotW. They have many other purposes. So, the cost benefit relation is very very good to me. Ill never buy a brand new Wii U or a Switch to ONLY play BotW. And here where i live, nobody have the console to borrow me. So...

Fine, whatever. But you will not get faultless gameplay in BotW for a long long time yet, no matter what hardware you throw at it. CEMU has a long ways to go before it reaches that kind of level, and god knows what kind of hacks Exzap has had to put into place to get it running even this well so far.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kuad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also Gerbilsoft is technically correct. In general you don't need much of a page file with 16gb of ram. However it's been reported that BOTW with a >9k cache and an nvida card can eat up to 30gb of ram. If you disable pagefile then the moment you need more than 16gb cemu will crash. Using my own self generated 4.5k cache I get up to about 11gb ram usage during the shader loading at game launch.

Sorry for my ignorance, but if it can eat up to 30gb of ram, you mean 16gb Ram is still few to play BotW? Even with the page file enabled?

Btw man, this is my second post here and both of them you replied with true research, test and information. You are just awesome! Thanks for all the help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fine, whatever. But you will not get faultless gameplay in BotW for a long long time yet, no matter what hardware you throw at it. CEMU has a long ways to go before it reaches that kind of level, and god knows what kind of hacks Exzap has had to put into place to get it running even this well so far.
Yeah man...i know that. You are totally right.. :(
But its my only option. Its this or wait around a decade for a rich cousin shows up with his old and forgotten Switch to borrow me... Or until i become some kind of millionaire. None of these cases is like to happen.. haha

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah man...i know that. You are totally right.. :(
But its my only option. Its this or wait around a decade for a rich cousin shows up with his old and forgotten Switch to borrow me... Or until i become some kind of millionaire. None of these cases is like to happen.. haha
What's stopping you from getting an old Wii U off Craigslist for $150 or so then hacking it so you can play BOTW for free?

Why does everyone equate playing BOTW properly to buying it on a Switch? the Switch is unnecessary.

Kuad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's stopping you from getting an old Wii U off Craigslist for $150 or so then hacking it so you can play BOTW for free?

Why does everyone equate playing BOTW properly to buying it on a Switch? the Switch is unnecessary.
The price man. An used Wii U here in Brazil now, in 2017, is around $500 dollars (converted in our coin). And just ONLY IF somebody is willing to sell it.
Besides that, i only want to play BotW and Zelda games. So im not interested in acquire the pricey console (even used) to play just one game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo