1. Vater Unser

Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Gambia, The
    I was going to buy a G6 Lite because it's the only one that fitted into the DS Lite's slot, but in the end I've ordered a Supercard Lite (which was shipped yesterday, btw)

a Supercard Lite + 512MB Micro SD cost just the same as a G6 Lite, and it's got better homebrew support and exchangable memory, so there was no reason for me to get a G6 Lite anymore

2. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    One reason would be longer battery life. That was a huge attraction for me. Removable storage is not important. I can barely find enough games to fill mine up as it is. Hopefully more good games will be coming out soon!

3. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    I have my g6 lite since the launch in china (I got the test version)

And it works great, didnt have any problems with it, and storage is more then enough.
    only thing i hate is that the english version is so expensive, now i'm only selling supercard lite because it has better price.

4. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Keep them positive experiences coming [​IMG] Although I know irreversible corruption just happens every now and then, the positive experiences are reassuring.

5. tolax

tolax Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    so that would seem to be 50 for the G6 experience and 1 against.

Sucks of course if you are the one......

Maybe rename the topic to

Why my G6 sucks........

6. GameGeezer

GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a chinese G6 lite and have had no problems with it ever. I have added and removed programs many times. I have updated and downgraded the memory a few times as well. One thing I never did was format or reformat the drive from its original condition I just ran it straight out of the box. I have never taken any special precautions when removing the drive from the usb drive (ie. clicking safe removal before removing) and have had no problems.

Perhaps it is a quality control problem. Maybe a certain percentage of drives are just bad which would be a concern to me if I were a prospective buyer.

7. beedog19

beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That really sucks. I've had mine since US launch so a little over a month and no problems. I have had points where i would play it for 8 hours a day and no problems. Curruption happens and it always sucks even more when you're the one that it happens to, but you should see if you can get it exchanged.

8. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    There are a lot of USER variables such as:

Variable 1:
    Knowing when its okay to remove the USB Burner from the computer

Variable 2:
    Not shutting off your DS when its power cycling

Variable 3:
    Possible could be a bad computer where the USB ports/drivers/something is corrupted?

Variable 4:
    The many many combinations you can burn a game. Trim/NoTrim/Normal/DoFat

Variable 5:
    Fat/Fat32

Variable 6:
    Loader/software updates and make sure the user knows how to update the loader properly

The list goes on and on so it while 50 people can figure out how to operate their product with success there will be the 1 who screws up one oif the many variables. Some people are happy with their kits that work for the most part with 98% success...the occasional "hang" which I can only assume those are the soft reset/trim users. Me, no softreset, no trim, my experience has been 100%.

9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Variable 7.

Something you forgot to add--

Loose (stripped) screw.
    This can *definitely* have an effect. you can tell if a screw is improperly loose by trying to remove it and it simply keeps turning.

10. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

United States
    There are just defective cards out there....it's a good chance he has one. I do somewhat agree with the necessary handling procedures for the g6 lite is a bit excessive (in terms of how careful you have to be)....the supercard lite and the m3 lites are overall a better solution in my books now...g6 lite just left a bad taste with me after how mine corrupted...I still love the original g6's...but I really have my doubts with the lite version. Best of luck to you guys that are using the lite, I just hope corruption never happens for you. Maybe I got a dud as well.....but it sure seemed random.

11. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hahaha.

My advice would just be to order it from a dealer that will replace defective items. Kicktrading offers a 3 month warranty I believe. I had great service from them when I had to return an item once.

12. Weej

OP Weej Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, it's amusing when someone's product breaks out of faulty manufacturing and of no fault of their own. It's funny when there are a group of 50 people with a working product and one just happens to stop working.

50 becomes 49. 49 becomes 48.

Maybe I am being a little too hard on the G6 Lite. Then again, maybe it's good that I am approaching this with such a post apocalyptic attitude. The G6 is basically a modified pen/thumb drive that can play games. With that in mind, USB Flash storage, while convient, is never really secure and can be unstable compared to other forms of storage.

The ironic thing about all of this is that, in a group of 50 or so G6 users with happy products, I was among those 50, or the 51st, per say. This happend to me a little over a month after I got my product and I did nothing on my side to fuck the product up.

If you've had your G6 for more than say, 3 months, and it's working for you, then kudos to you, you've got a great product that has somehow passed the test of time. But keep in mind that there is always a possibility, no matter how careful or not careful you are, no matter how careless or not careless you are, no matter how long or how short you've owned a G6 Lite.. there is ALWAYS the possiblity that things can go wrong. Murphy's Law applies to everything, and that includes flash carts.

One second, you're thinking I'm being too hard.

The next, your G6 Flash is messed up too, and you suddenly want a change of pace when it comes to how you approach it.

All I'm saying is that young and old, the young at heart, and the dumbasses that reside in some of us should be cautious. Bad things happen, and a bad thing happend to me.

If it can happen to me, it can sure as hell happen to ANY of YOU.

Gamersection.ca has not replied back to me yet.

13. rkenshin

rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You don't have to defend your position anymore.. All it looks like is you have a defective product..

You think I was happy when my XBox360 went kaput after 6 months? Of course not but these things do happen whether it's a launch unit or a unit you bought 3 years into it's lifespan

14. ds6220

ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My G6 Lite gave me a bad case of the crabs.............. [​IMG]

15. doodad

doodad Member
    Newcomer

That's ironic?

16. Weej

OP Weej Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes because at the time I wasn't using updated firmware so I couldn't tell if it was the G6 Lite that needed charging or the NDSL battery itself.

17. outphase

outphase Custom title

United States
    FYI, the G6 battery is not being monitored by the G6 menu. That is actually just the DS battery that's low.

18. foofoo

foofoo Member
    Newcomer

i own a g6 lite and i don't recommend it. corrupt saves, menu hangs, disk reformatting, etc.. seriously go for another.

19. ds6220

ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well, then....that settles it. It must be true. I am currently building a wicker card so I can sacrifice my G6 to the gods of SC before any major problems show up. [​IMG]

20. Rykar

Rykar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

This thread is beyond horrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - sucks,