Hacking Why Plailect remove OTPLess method form his guide ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
When Slowhax releases I will be installing A9LH on my N3DS XL, that means I have to downgrade to 2.1?
(BTW, my siblings just like to close my 3DS/DS lite/DSi if they find it open just because reasons)
your only on 2.1 for about 5 mins to dump the otp, just don't leave the 3ds during the process and you will be fine

Angell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I always use the sd card of the console that is 4GB ... and Always with patience when using homebrew applications!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that the risk isn't reduced that much when we account for human error (which was almost null with OTPLess method).

Here are some stats for the US:
Odd of dying in car crash 1/113
Odd of dying in pedestrian accident 1/672

Let me ask you this, do you walk everywhere?

That's a bad comparison for a number of reasons.

Let's say that your car had a 1% chance for its engine to spontaneously explode for no reason when exceeding 80 MPH. Would you then suggest to everyone to go 80+ MPH down the highway to save a bit of time? You might be able to afford the replacement should something go wrong, but not everyone can.

OTPless only saved a bit of time for a small but sizable chance of the console bricking for no known reason. The only known bricks from 2.1 ctrtransfer are user error. You can warn the user not to put a 2.1 N3DS into sleep mode. With OTPless you trade a negligible risk of doing something stupid for a small but real risk you lose a coin flip.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I guess everyone has answered the question. Just to reiterate the answer, because it's not safe.
FWIW though, at least we have a data and statistics on the failure and success rate of OTPless method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something