Homebrew Why oh why!!!

Snoogins757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i bought a 2nd hand 3ds came in the post whilst i was at work with the whole purpose being to install cfw my kid decided to load it up and update it now i cant cfw it can i?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i bought a 2nd hand 3ds came in the post whilst i was at work with the whole purpose being to install cfw my kid decided to load it up and update it now i cant cfw it can i?
you can now install CFW on any 3ds or 2DS model on any firmware, you just have to get a compatible DS card with NTR boot an follow the next guide:
https://3ds.guide/ntrboot.html

Snoogins757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas on how development is coming along with installing cfw, think its gonna be a long time till we can do it without a flash card?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Your only hope is using ntrboot to install cfw, but for that you need a supported DS flashcard. Here's the guide through installation : https://3ds.guide/get-started

EDIT : Ninja'd :ninja:
EDIT 2 : I don't think there will be any other major update to the 3DS hacking scene, ntrboot is easy, works on any firmware, past, present and future, and the only requirement is a cheap DS flashcard.

Last edited by Ritsuki,

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on how development is coming along with installing cfw, think its gonna be a long time till we can do it without a flash card?
I don't know, maybe in the future they will find an exploit on the latest firmware that allows you to install a custom firmware but that is still uncertain, your best bet right now is investing $10 on a compatible ds card.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The current kernel exploit(s) are on hold until the system is completely dead, which seems to well into 2018 (possibly longer)
I personally suggest going with NTRBoot at this point. You not only get a method that can't be blocked, but you also get a flashcart for playing DS games.

Snoogins757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for this im completely new to the 3ds scene im going for the R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS for New 3DS /3DS v11.6/2DS/DSi/DS Lite, am i right in saying this will allow me to download and play on my 3ds 3ds games and also normal ds games once ive got cfw etc?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for this im completely new to the 3ds scene im going for the R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS for New 3DS /3DS v11.6/2DS/DSi/DS Lite, am i right in saying this will allow me to download and play on my 3ds 3ds games and also normal ds games once ive got cfw etc?
Other way around, it will only let you play DS games, it won't help you with 3DS games except that it may let you install CFW (if it is compatible with ntrboot) and CFW will let you install 3DS games.

Snoogins757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks zyvyn ill take the plunge and go for that. Yeah quantumcat thats what i meant once ive got cfw i can then download 3ds games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp