Hacking why not a homebrew/open-source mod chip?

JapanLover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hardly ever post here as you can tell, but after reading the wiinja review i just felt compelled to share an idea i had... i'm surely not the first person to think of this, but it seems to me that with the wiinja being a rather simple piece of tech (all things considered) put onto a common PIC chip, why not start a project to create an open-source version of this mod-chip ? i know there are plenty of experienced PIC programmers who could probably churn out something like this in a reasonable amount of time (especially if it was a collaboration). if this was done, anyone could buy a PIC and a few wires and mod their wiis for a fraction of the price, and i think everyone could appreciate that.
biggrin.gif

elderdakkar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiinja is just a drive chip. no chance to use it in order to modify the operating system/the way the wii hardware works. not with this kind of chip. this means no homebrew as long as there is no chip with the ability to modify the original bio/os/hardware.

sad but true.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the OP is talking about a chip to run homebrew code on the Wii (although that would be sweet), but instead an open-source chip, designed and built by 'the community' rather than by commercial companies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: