Hacking Why no Golden Eye VC game?

• Thread starter Aimen
  • Start date
  • Views 3,936
  • Replies 30
A

Aimen

OP
Why is there no any injected Golden Eye game? It's impossible or cant emulation it? On Wii? Why dont replace Sin & Punishment with Golden Eye like Super Smash Bros.?

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aimen said:
Why is there no any injected Golden Eye game? It's impossible or cant emulation it? On Wii? Why dont replace Sin & Punishment with Golden Eye like Super Smash Bros.?

Because Rare games have a special chip or some crap that allows them to run. The Wii can't run them. An injected WAD won't boot at all, while the game runs at a whopping 3fps with an emulator.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
Aimen said:

Because Rare games have a special chip or some crap that allows them to run. The Wii can't run them. An injected WAD won't boot at all, while the game runs at a whopping 3fps with an emulator.

That's totally wrong. It's licensing issues. Rare doesn't have the Bond license anymore, Nintendo doesn't own Rare anymore.

D

Deleted User

OP
would you be able to get like a Golden Eye rom and then like use an N64 emulator or something?
Or is it possible to change roms into wads, I remember recently reading that the people at nintendo who do so, do it very quickly.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Aimen said:
Because you touch yourself at night.
hate2.gif

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
would you be able to get like a Golden Eye rom and then like use an N64 emulator or something?
Or is it possible to change roms into wads, I remember recently reading that the people at nintendo who do so, do it very quickly.

Err, for Nes games and the like, I imagine it's easy. They have to remap/reprogram N64 controls, edit graphic resources, and other misc activities; so those would take longer.

D

Deleted User

OP
Bladexdsl said:
ask rare and m$ WHY it's not being released on the VC.
ms? as in Microsoft? You do realize this is a Nintendo game...
Don't you?

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
Bladexdsl said:
ask rare and m$ WHY it's not being released on the VC.
ms? as in Microsoft? You do realize this is a Nintendo game...
Don't you?
you do realize rare is currently more with MS and was gonna put goldeneye on XBLA but couldn't because of licensing issues...
dont you?

i mean hell, banjo kazooie was a nintendo game, but look at what system its on now >>;

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it will eventually be released as a real VC-game, I'm sure Nintendo can work out the licensing stuff.
But they'll probably want to wait a while before releasing it. Once the VC has run out of new big releases, they release VC to give it a new short boost.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabadage said:
Luriden said:
Aimen said:

That's totally wrong. It's licensing issues. Rare doesn't have the Bond license anymore, Nintendo doesn't own Rare anymore.

That's totally what I've heard from several other people here. You think LICENSING is why we aren't able to inject a rom into a wad? I didn't even take licensing into consideration when it comes to piracy. Hell, no wonder the game only runs at 3 FPS on an emulator, Nintendo doesn't have the rights to the damn game anymore!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
i believe it will never be released as a VC, but there is a (certain rom) injected version working(sort of) it requires alot of hex editing and its real not fake, but it crashes after a few levels, the guys working on it are hoping it works 100% soon, and released 24th december, nice xmas pressy
tongue.gif

check youtube, not the fake on where you can see he has simply switched scart over ha

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
People obviously didn't read the original post.

I read the original post, but I failed to notice what section I was in. The VC threw me as I though he was talking about an official release of GE on the VC.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why dont you people stop complaining and make it work yourselves, its got nothing to do with licensing issues, pirating doesnt require those, its the same problem as running ps1 games on wii, its not a simple "put rom on sd card and run" kinda thing

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
why dont you people stop complaining and make it work yourselves, its got nothing to do with licensing issues, pirating doesnt require those, its the same problem as running ps1 games on wii, its not a simple "put rom on sd card and run" kinda thing
I thought there was a pretty good emulator out there... :S

But right now it's not possible. Goldeneye doesn't work, okay? I saw somewhere about Banjo-Tooee(I don't know the exact name, I've only played the first one) not working, but someone is working on it. Maybe they could also try Goldeneye too.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol I think there was some home brew