Hacking Why is there no MPTrilogy or RE4 for loadine?

sideside

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know I can use cfw and wup installer to get it, but is there a reason these two titles never seem to be found for loadine or am I crazy?
TIA

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I know I can use cfw and wup installer to get it, but is there a reason these two titles never seem to be found for loadine or am I crazy?
TIA
Because they are wii games and not wiiu games. Loadiine only works for wiiu games. When you load a Wii game everything in the wiiu memory is cleared out first so loadiine would be removed so your Wii game would not run due to this.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

sideside

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I think I understand; although there are plenty of other non-wiiu titles that work on loading snes/n64), but you're saying with wii eshop titles it literally flips the system into the vwii mode?
how did they get around this with mocha? does it not still do the same thing?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh I think I understand; although there are plenty of other non-wiiu titles that work on loading snes/n64), but you're saying with wii eshop titles it literally flips the system into the vwii mode?
how did they get around this with mocha? does it not still do the same thing?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious.
You can't, Wii Virtual Console games works in a different way from other VC games or Wii U games. And the way you get around Loadiine's limitations with Mocha is by installing them with WUP Installer.

D

Deleted User

TIA
see unlike other games, that use a emulator prepackaged into the game. The vwii vc games are a truly unique case. Instead of outright emulating it. It actually swaps into wii mode while the game is loaded from nand. So that is why it cannot be done on loadiine. Because it uses wiimode. Plus you got mocha now which pretty much allows titles to be installed to nand which makes it much better than loadiine. The reason mocha can load it is because of how vwii games work. I don't know all the details. But I know that when the system swaps to wiimode it uses a unique ios that also points to location, aka. Where the game is stored. Which is another limitation loadiine has, it's like telling your dog to go home, when your home was move. It wouldn't know. In this case the system would fail to load the files because it's looking for a non existant directory that would be there if on nand. Mocha only helps with the signpatching and has a function so it could carry into wiimode when the game is still being prepared so the system doesn't suddenly say it's not valid once in wiimode. Loadiine loads wiiu files and converts them slighlty so it can be used within another app/game. Mocha completely tricks the system into thinking any invalid signatures is perfectly fine.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later