1. Auron111

OP Auron111 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi Everyone

I just recently put CFW on my 3DS and decided to backup what games I had instead of downloading them from various places.
    Having looked around I know many online Roms have been modified to be region free while mine are Europe, Australia according to FBI when installing them.
    One thing I did notice is that when I do download a rom from somewhere the rom version is always 0 (0.0.0)

Now I had downloaded Zelda the ocarina of Time 3DS from different sites and the rom version is always 0 (0.0.0) ... Yet my cart backup is Version 16 (0.1.0) and I can't seam to find a reason for the difference. Even Roms that claim are to be ripped from a EU cart still show as version 0.

BONUS QUESTION

What kind of DS/3Ds are people using to run CFW ?
    I currently have the original 3DS running cfw but wonder if the "new" 3ds XL offers anything besides a bigger screen.

2. CoolMe

CoolMe Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, for question 1: I wouldn't worry about it much since if a game has an update, your 3DS will tell you and gives you the option (if the 3DS is online) when you try to launch the game for you region, for a NTSC game i don't think the PAL update would work without some kind of problem. Also i don't think the readings about rom versions from online are that accurate, giving the creator could edit and change whatever..
    For Q2, well the 'New' 3DS/2DSes offer a bump in internal specs but nothing big, but 2 games i can think of, you can't play them on O3DS are Xenoblade Chronicles 3D & Minecraft, along with SNES VC IIRC.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    The re-release of Ocarina of Time patched out the save exploit and updated the game on the cartridge itself, to v1.1 I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - different, version,