Gaming Why is Batman US not dumped yet?!?!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, this baffles me. Why is the EU version of Batman: The Brave and the Bold the only one dumped? I would like the US version so I can properly test the connectivity between the DS version and the Wii version. (Doesn't work between EU-DS Game and US-Wii game, and I'm not region-hacking my Wii for anything.) But it just baffles me that the game has been out for so long and it wasn't dumped. Every time I see it on Wal-Mart's shelves I silently curse all the ROM release groups for missing this one. I'm also a bit of a US purist when it comes to my ROMs, mostly because there's a better compatibility rating when the regions match.

I just wanted to vent about it a little. Thoughts?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:
Ohhhh! Why don't YOU dump it?

You see, I knew I was going to run into this.

1) I do not have the knowledge nor the devices or software required to do such a thing on my own.
2) As I am raising two children, I am quite frequently without spending money. Thus I can't get it myself.
3) My wife works for Wal-Mart, and doing such a thing there would jeopardize her job if found out.

Sounds like I've got some pretty understandable reasons. So, why don't YOU GUYS do it? What's stopping you? You know what's stopping me now. Your turn.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow lets just drop it and say the groups that handle such things have yet to do so. A lot of games never get dumped or take a while so be patient.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was simply trying to start a discussion topic on the thoughts of such a prolonged release. Sorry if I seemed a bit hostile. Like I said, it just baffles me that it would take so long when the (EU) release didn't take long at all.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The groups that dump games aren't billionaires.

Like you, they have a limited income and they only dump games that they deem new or popular. Some games can easily be skipped.

eliminist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
3) My wife works for Wal-Mart, and doing such a thing there would jeopardize her job if found out.

Sounds like I've got some pretty understandable reasons. So, why don't YOU GUYS do it? What's stopping you? You know what's stopping me now. Your turn.

Still can't afford it even with employee discount? You must be poor...

Why don't we do it? Because we're not wanting the game, your are...

Jesus you're all about get get get and not give. Scene releasers have lives too you know.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
God damn it. I'll tell you the same thing that I tell all the impatient ignorangt people on Gbatemp.

Chill the fuck out. the Release Groups are NOT here to "serve" you.

It'll be dumped when it's dumped. if it is something you look forward to have patience, it is a virtue.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't really call myself ignorant. I understand that these things take time. I mean, consider this: How long has the game been out and I just now create a topic about it? I also never once said that I expected it out, I was just simply curious as to why it hadn't happened yet. So that rules out impatient. I did not ask for it to be dumped.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarcusRaven said:
You see, I knew I was going to run into this.

1) I do not have the knowledge nor the devices or software required to do such a thing on my own.
2) As I am raising two children, I am quite frequently without spending money. Thus I can't get it myself.

As long as you have a working Wii with Homebrew Channel installed and a USB hardrive/flash memory (5GB), you can easily dump it.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip
(Simple run the above software from HBC. Make sure USB drive is attached and game inside the Wii. It will dump the game automatically).

You don't need to own the game. Just buy the game, dump it, and return it to store. Alternatively you can rent it.

You don't need to buy it from Walmart. Gamestop, Target, any shop will do.

Don't ask others to dump it for you. Simply DIY.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MarcusRaven said:
Seriously, this baffles me. Why is the EU version of Batman: The Brave and the Bold the only one dumped? I would like the US version so I can properly test the connectivity between the DS version and the Wii version. (Doesn't work between EU-DS Game and US-Wii game, and I'm not region-hacking my Wii for anything.) But it just baffles me that the game has been out for so long and it wasn't dumped. Every time I see it on Wal-Mart's shelves I silently curse all the ROM release groups for missing this one. I'm also a bit of a US purist when it comes to my ROMs, mostly because there's a better compatibility rating when the regions match.

I just wanted to vent about it a little. Thoughts?

Reads underlined part... Screw you

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
As long as you have a working Wii with Homebrew Channel installed and a USB hardrive/flash memory (5GB), you can easily dump it.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip
(Simple run the above software from HBC. Make sure USB drive is attached and game inside the Wii. It will dump the game automatically).

You don't need to own the game. Just buy the game, dump it, and return it to store. Alternatively you can rent it.

You don't need to buy it from Walmart. Gamestop, Target, any shop will do.

Don't ask others to dump it for you. Simply DIY.

He's talking about the DS version.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
This is the best topic I have ever read.

Jeopardize her job? My wife works at Wal-Mart, I do the crap there all the time.

Dump a DS game with the HBC? Someone has to teach me that one.

I cant wait to see what comes next.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for ben 10 and phineas and ferb, to be dumped, but it looks like it'll never be dump
it's been a month, and I see unicorns, and art roms, but no ben 10
I guess it's not gonna happened for those games, so I'm just gonna buy them

my point is, some games just don't get dumped..I guess

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
windwakr said:
He's talking about the DS version.
Ah, what a big messed up.
wacko.gif
I must be drunk when I'm typing previous replies.
grog.gif

You can still dump DS games with DS Phat/DS Lite using a flashcart.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your error was to curse the release groups.
One thing is to ask about something, other is to complain.

Im sure the reactions here would have all been different...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey