Hardware why don't 3ds hackers do softmod to 3ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Xvita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
why don't 3ds hackers do softmod to 3ds like other hacker did to Psvs?
In my opinion, firmware updates can be easily saved to the computer using softwares like psxdownloader.
Is there anything different between 3ds update and psv update?
Why there aren't flashcarts for PSVs?

Also, in my opinion. Downgrading 3ds is also possible. Its update method maybe something like iOS devices.
A FIRMWARE ,an SHSH, and a 'tiny umbrella' ,thats enough.

Sorry for bad English.orz

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Do some research before posting shit, those systems have encryption that makes everything software related locked for us, we can't bruteforce the key either. There's no way for us to see how the firmware is built, let alone mod it.

If it was that easy it would have been done a long time ago, you make yourself sound stupid by saying that it's easily easy to accomplish.

P

pasc

The same reason why there isn't a fire-breathing rainbow-coloured flying unicorn with 3 heads in any zoo. Or why I have not invented a time machine. Just sayin' :\
That is the perfect answer for any question ! Gotta memorize it !

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
why don't 3ds hackers do softmod to 3ds like other hacker did to Psvs?
Well, they want to.

In my opinion, firmware updates can be easily saved to the computer using softwares like psxdownloader.
... and? What will that do?

Is there anything different between 3ds update and psv update?
Well they're both signed computer programs.

The similarities mostly end there.

Why there aren't flashcarts for PSVs?
Why aren't there flash carts for PS2s? Why aren't there flash carts for the 360?

Also, in my opinion. Downgrading 3ds is also possible. Its update method maybe something like iOS devices.
Well once total control is taken, possibly (outside of crap like e-fuses).

A FIRMWARE ,an SHSH, and a 'tiny umbrella' ,thats enough.
Yes, because the 3DS totally have a remote shell interface with admin access we can hook into at a moment's notice!

No wait it's the opposite of that.

Sorry for bad English.orz
You should be apologizing for the thread in general.

Oscar Xvita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Do some research before posting shit, those systems have encryption that makes everything software related locked for us, we can't bruteforce the key either. There's no way for us to see how the firmware is built, let alone mod it.

If it was that easy it would have been done a long time ago, you make yourself sound stupid by saying that it's easily easy to accomplish.
Why did you put a file extension on English? Are you trying to turn it into a file so you can hack it?
Well well. I baidued around the game sites and forums in china but found nothing related. Google is not availble here........
I just use a psxdownloader to download 3ds wares faster. It has a feature to download to computer or overwrite download data. I have to admit that i haven't tried that when upgrading, i only think it may help.

Oscar Xvita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, they want to.

... and? What will that do?

Well they're both signed computer programs.

The similarities mostly end there.

Why aren't there flash carts for PS2s? Why aren't there flash carts for the 360?

Well once total control is taken, possibly (outside of crap like e-fuses).

Yes, because the 3DS totally have a remote shell interface with admin access we can hook into at a moment's notice!

No wait it's the opposite of that.

You should be apologizing for the thread in general.
Well , I mean psv and 3ds both use game cards, i just wonder why psp, psv cracking is based on system while 3ds,nds is based on flashcarts.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well , I mean psv and 3ds both use game cards, i just wonder why psp, psv cracking is based on system while 3ds,nds is based on flashcarts.
Because system cracking is better. You can prevent system updates and add new features in addition to just letting backups play. In addition the mod is more stable and often free, which means it's easier to make homebrew for.

And before you ask why older systems used carts, it's because systems like the SNES, N64, and stuff like that don't even have an operating system, softmods to load games from internal stroage are impossible.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Come on guys, you should be taking notes here, instead of providing accurate answers of why it is how it is.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: TripleSMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat