Gaming Why doesn't a full screen program take up all the room?

iMythD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jamielollback.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
I bought a new laptop, it has HD graphics, running Windows 7.
If I fun a full screen program (such as World of Warcraft), it centres in the middle and has two black strips down the sides. How do I make it take up all the screen? BTW, this is for all full screen programs. Not just WoW.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Windows 7 doesn't stretch full screen apps if they're not in the native resolution to maintain the aspect ratio, but in WoW, you have an option to set the game to "Windowed (Fullscreen)" that should fix your problem, although I'd reccomend you play the game in the native resolution of the screen instead for sharper game play.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Dell D520, and in its CMOS settings is the option to allow streaching. My screens physical size is 1024x768, so lower resolutions are of course streached to fit. This is optional in the CMOS settings. check there for a similar setting? Sorry if im hard to understand, i am BEYOND tired lol.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is the way the graphics adapter and screen work together. Try looking in your driver settings or your BIOS settings, or maybe there even is an Fn key combo. We cannot tell you whether there is a setting or even where it is without knowing what device you are using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Unless I'm just that good? But I honestly can't believe that for an instant