Hacking Why does R4i Gold recognized gba roms?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering- If gba roms don't really work, aside from the ichs beta, how come the r4i gold recognizes .gba as game boy advanced games in the directory? They don't load but that gave me hope for emulation.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are slot 2 companion carts that can play gba roms in gba mode. The ez 3in1 is an example. It shows the gba roms because you can play them if you have one of these carts.

oh sweet I didnt even know they had that... so you end up spending about the same as a supercard (which does gba emulation on iits own?) if you get just an r4 and the ez 3in1..

Isaac

American
Trophies
Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
XP
Country
United States
oh sweet I didnt even know they had that... so you end up spending about the same as a supercard (which does gba emulation on iits own?) if you get just an r4 and the ez 3in1..
Yes. only do this if you have an orignal ds or a lite. The DSi/3DS don't have slot 2 cart slots. The upside is flawless gameplay or most games, though the battery may be Dead on arrival.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old M3DS Real Perfect and am about to get an R4i Gold. Will the M3 GBA expansion cart work just like an EzFlash GBA expansion would with the R4i Gold?

Edit: Nevermind, got my answer :) It works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [shoots him for having a braves jersey on] Pffffft!