Why do wireless PS2 controllers stop working after some days?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep.
Actually, if you don't have a modchip or you don't use the FreeDVDBoot Patcher with your burned discs, it will only work on retail discs. Ofc you have to have OPL already installed on your console whichever method you use (FreeMCBoot, FreeHDBoot).

But would I have to add those entries for each game?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how quickly can this brooks device make a connection once the console is powered on? the reason I ask is that I need to disable the modchip at every boot, and it must be done within like a second of booting up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my brook device. I updated it on the pc, then plugged itt into my ps2. the dualsense connected. it even connects fast enough to disable the modchip at boot. :D

Reactions: cvskid

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's easy, just push the little tab to the other option (not ps2), then connect both usb cables. download the update, then click on the exe button. it will tell you to hold the sync button while you plug in the device, so do that. then click on "update game compatibility" checkbox and start. it will update and say it was successful once done, which shouldn't take very long.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even newer ones from the PS3 era don't work anymore wirelessly, but still works wired.

MadCatz PS2 Wireless controllers are my favorites for the PS2.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Is it because their battery is wasted? If so, replacing it should fix the problem, no?
btw, remember to flip the switch back to ps2 before connecting it to the system. if you don't have the tab flipped on the pc or the ps2 respectively, the light won't come on. I think the ps3 and ps4 have to be connected to the input port to be synced, but the ps5 can do it totally wirelessly.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even newer ones from the PS3 era don't work anymore wirelessly, but still works wired.

MadCatz PS2 Wireless controllers are my favorites for the PS2.

Every PS Move Navigation Controller I ordered doesn't work wirelessly. Does that mean their batteries are faulty, and if so, doesn't the vendor know about this?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
btw, remember to flip the switch back to ps2 before connecting it to the system. if you don't have the tab flipped on the pc or the ps2 respectively, the light won't come on. I think the ps3 and ps4 have to be connected to the input port to be synced, but the ps5 can do it totally wirelessly.

So, do I have to connect the DualShock 3/4 to the USB port to sync and then can I take its cable and play wirelessly and if using DualSense I don't even have to do this and it will work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can play them wirelessly. in both cases, on the consoles themselves, you have to plug in the controllers to sync them, then they can be used wirelessly. iirc, this is not the case with the ps5, same as switch, so it's just like the consoles.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just got my brook device. I updated it on the pc, then plugged itt into my ps2. the dualsense connected. it even connects fast enough to disable the modchip at boot. :D

Why did you disable modchip at boot?

you can play them wirelessly. in both cases, on the consoles themselves, you have to plug in the controllers to sync them, then they can be used wirelessly. iirc, this is not the case with the ps5, same as switch, so it's just like the consoles.

I think DualSense needs to be connected to the PS5 via USB cable to sync.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, now that I think about it, I don't think you need to plug in the dualsense for the ps5 to sync, only to update the controller. I know I also didn't have to connect the dualsense to my nvidia shield to sync it to that either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all