Why do they keep doing that?!

BlackZero500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So ive got lucky and got my PS5 for basically nothing and aside from a few kinks i hope get fixed with a few updates im very happy with it. But then i realized. THEY FU***** DID IT AGAIN!! They made the dashboard so that the last games are listed and you cannot control it. Cannot make any folders or some kind of structure or anything to sort your games. The filters in the Library are shit and cant even sort by Genre or anything.

Sony, if anyone of your Employees happen to read this. STOP THIS MADNESS!! I wanna be in control of my Dashboard. Let me choose what is there and in which order. Do not mess this up just because i started another game. Let it be like i intended it. Let me make Folders. LET ME BRING ORDER IN THIS WORLD OF CHAOS!!!!

Sorry had to get that off my chest. But seriously why isnt that the standard? Its was annoying in the PS4, gladly they at least gave us folders after a few years but still didnt allow us to sort it like we wanted. But it also annoys me in the Switch and everywhere else where they will not let me Manage my Desktop/Dashboard/GamyLookyThingamagick. What gives? I mean i also hate the whole "show you your last 10 used apps" function on windows. Thats why i deactivate it first thing when i set up a new system. I wanna be the one who controls what gets to be shown where. I understand if you let the Playstation store Icon be the first one, i give you that but leave the rest to me. Please.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 of the biggest letdowns for me is the lack of ps5 themes, but yeah not having folders is abit... wtf were they thinking? I might be complaining too early, but damn you would think Sony would atleast have that sort of thing out of the box. I gotta say tho the Xbox Series lets your organize your dashboard or even group things together

BlackZero500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah i think the Xbox devs did many things right. But every way i look at it there are more good games for the Playstation then for the Xbox. And the Real good ones that are on Xbox are almost always also on PC so im getting them rater on PC.

But you are completely right! It didnt dawn on me until now. There are no themes! WTF. Now that bugs me also. Not as much as the Folter story but still. I mean at least a few for their Biggest IP's should have been there or not? And now that the PS5 is a year old allready its ridiculous that there isnt a folder system and/or Themes.

Or do it even better, release a tool with that we can build our own themes. With Sound effects, Background Music, maybe even animated backgrounds. Oh man i really miss the times with my Hacked PSP. I even made some custom made Gamestart Videos. Spend hours fiddling with them so they would be perfectly timed.

• Wow
Reactions: ChibiMofo

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 of the biggest letdowns for me is the lack of ps5 themes, but yeah not having folders is abit... wtf were they thinking? I might be complaining too early, but damn you would think Sony would atleast have that sort of thing out of the box. I gotta say tho the Xbox Series lets your organize your dashboard or even group things together

Themes. Because they look so great with so many tiles all over the place you can't see it anyway. Worthless feature. You're also full of it about the Xbox Series. You can move categories around but that's it. You cannot custom arrange items within categories, and you cannot customize the top row of recently used apps/games in any way, shape, or form.

• Haha
Reactions: MasterJ360

BlackZero500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Themes. Because they look so great with so many tiles all over the place you can't see it anyway. Worthless feature. You're also full of it about the Xbox Series. You can move categories around but that's it. You cannot custom arrange items within categories, and you cannot customize the top row of recently used apps/games in any way, shape, or form.
Although you do have a point i still like to have themes. I understand where you are coming from, most of my PS4 themes i couldnt use because you often couldnt even read the titles of games anymore or something. But still there were some good ones. I like to personalize my things.

Didnt know about those limitations in the Xbox though. everytime i hear about it its only praises but my point still is, every game thats on the Xbox and not on the PS is almost every time also on PC so having a good Gaming PC the Xbox is just not worth it for me.

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exclusive era is dead in this gaming generation. Sure you could just buy a PC and believe you can play any game that a ps5 or xbox has, but thats not really a big deal towards the current gen now. Consoles excluding the switch are at PC level performance so really its a matter of choosing what kind of service you want in your package. Do you want a Netflix Gaming experience with true backwards compatibility support? then get the xbox series. You want the traditional Sony exclusive content... well get a ps5. Thats what the consoles really have to offer.

The same could be said about the ps4/ps5 almost every game is on the Switch/PC. We are just in a multiplat era now.
@D34DL1N3R I want ps5 themes not a desktop layout lol custom themes just makes the home screen have a unique appeal to the player especially if it has custom sounds to go along with it. Sony has had this feature since ps3 so why stop now?

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.