Gaming Why are the USA dump groups inactive/dead?

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After looking through the list I can see why most of the games are not dumped, most seem like shovelware and not worth spending money on. For people saying they can't get a US game in UK or any other country should try playasia they normally have a region games. It is a good possibility that their funds are getting lower and lower.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much either buy the game or wait for it to be dumped. Unless it's a very popular that everyone wants to have, it's going to be a long while. Is that what you guys are saying?

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, basically the scene lost its enthusiasm and the "new" players do not dump/can't buy the carts

a disturbing truth indeed

maybe we should find someone with access to a good game shop and make contribuitions (small ammounts, like $1 - $5) and if a good number of people actually accept the idea, the "particular dumper" get/rent the game, dump it and the people who paid it get a copy...

before you say "i do not wanna pay something i will get for free", whomever pays is paying to get it BEFORE someone make it for free and paying $5 for a game (forget the cart... the content that matters anyway) seems a pretty decent deal for a game that was released in a few days

...or the independents can be kind to us and dump it faster... but we can not make demands in our current situation

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Yeah, dukemagus, that's nice. But impossible of course.

I'd pay some PayPal cash right now to get "Solitaire Overload Plus" dumped for me and anybody else.

But you forget that we're doing really bad illegal stuff then. The receiver of the cash will get visited by the police sooner or later.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of you guys are fully capable of dumping games too, you know. The only way to get ROM dumps is to have people that will dump them. Getting them to "the scene" requires little more than reading the bottom of a few NFO's. The dump groups WANT your dumps, the group will officiate the dump for you and make sure it goes through the proper channels to hit "the scene".

Look for "Wood dumper" (NDS Backup Tools is essentially obsolete) and learn to use it. Read some release NFO's to find out who to contact. EM the appropriate people and make arrangements. Upload your dump to some file hosting site (rapidshare, megaupload, etc.) and give them (and no one else) the link. Usually within 24hours it will hit "the scene". You will feel a warm-and-fuzzy feeling, even if no one knows it was you that dumped the game.

If I wasn't so broke, then........
smileipb2.png

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what ever happened to the dump team Xenophobia? i havent seen them on the scene for awhile, after my favorite rom site got shut down, If i remember they were the American release team with the most popular games that came out ie Mario and Luigi; Bowser's Inside Story, Pokemon Platinum, ect.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rayder said:
You will feel a warm-and-fuzzy feeling, even if no one knows it was you that dumped the game.

Actually it feels like something that's difficult to describe. It's like you've done something very secret, and you're the only one that knows the real secret. You will remember that feeling for the rest of your life. I promise. It's fun. You'll be a different person.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
ind-cgwepromo said:
1. Why were the USA dump groups inactive or dead?
Over time the American's simply became lazy, this has been happening over the last decade. 10 years ago, USA was one of the strongest regions on the scene, today, it is the weakest, and this principle applies across all the console scene. There is no definitive reason, but rather many different reasons which accumulate together for the result you have now. For the most part, it seems to do with the culture of the American people, for instance, I for one am yet to meet an American person who isn't an absolute retard. American's have come to grow up with the mentality that they should be able to get anything and everything for free from the Internet without ever having to contribute or do anything in return. This same principle can also be seen around the world in today's modern age of instant gratification. Unfortunately, American's only ever seem to want to serve themselves rather than be part of a greater community (the scene) and contribute back to the world in some form.

2. Why did Hadouken dump Miniland Mayhem?
Most major titles get dumped, doesn't matter which group or when, it will happen unless a European version is released first. HADOUKEN/VENOM/SUXXORS are elitist and so won't bother with region dupes and as such they prefer to do the first English release of a game, but if they do get a region dupe, they will use the SUXXORS name so that either one of their other names don't get a subjectively perceived degradation of their reputation.

3. Why , if they were caught by police/Nintendo not be publicized?
This did not happen. The American scener's have simply grown older, got lives and moved on. There is no young blood to take their place as the youngest generation of American's are some of the worst bunch of people and this goes back to their culture.

4. And finally, Will the missed games eventually get dumped.
Not for a very long time. Those of us few who actually care, simply don't have the funds to import USA region games and do them. Take for exmaple, out of the entire thousands of people on this website who support ROM's, not even .1% of them contribute anything at all, many talk a lot of shit (as you may have seen in some of the posts preceeding me), but none of them know anything. If you want a full list of undumped USA NDS games, visit No-IntroThis post is a rare opportunity for you designed for me to shed some light, provide some answers and try to stop the ignorance and hate.

If this response has been insightful, I recommend you read my previous post. Back to the point of hate, as I logged in to make this reply, I noticed a funny little private message:
QUOTE said:
notice how i said just close the topic dont flame... i wasnt complaining either .. i was asking a question you fagg.. so suck my dick and have fun in your pile of hate you make for yourself... what if i did already buy the fucking game and was just noticing that it wasnt dumped so fuck you you fucking homo..
This brings me to my next point, you ALL beg and cry for groups to dump games (this topic itself is an extension of that act), yet the groups receive nothing but hate no matter whether you do good or bad or don't do anything at all. The groups don't serve all the lamers on this forum, but as the old saying goes "The dumbest people are the loudest" which is an unfortunate truth with adverse affects.

Anyway, this the second topic on this subject in a week. I recommend somebody close it before it gets too heated and too many idiots start asking questions, because I will not be responding in here again and nobody else would be willing to share any sort of insight, especially since most other people on the scene are also idiots themselves. You know who you are.

Thank you for this answer.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Nov 17 2010, 09:29 AM)
Many of you guys are fully capable of dumping games too, you know. The only way to get ROM dumps is to have people that will dump them. Getting them to "the scene" requires little more than reading the bottom of a few NFO's. The dump groups WANT your dumps, the group will officiate the dump for you and make sure it goes through the proper channels to hit "the scene".

Look for "Wood dumper" (NDS Backup Tools is essentially obsolete) and learn to use it. Read some release NFO's to find out who to contact. EM the appropriate people and make arrangements. Upload your dump to some file hosting site (rapidshare, megaupload, etc.) and give them (and no one else) the link. Usually within 24hours it will hit "the scene". You will feel a warm-and-fuzzy feeling, even if no one knows it was you that dumped the game.

If I wasn't so broke, then........
smileipb2.png

I would love to dump Atari's Greatest Hit's myself, but unfortunately, Walmart, Costco AND Future shop doesn't carry the cart here in Ontario. Believe me. I searched

Yusuky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sylar1 said:
I always just assumed the dump teams rented games to dump them instead of buying them

I could say the same lol. But i think rental stores doesn't usually get new games right in at the release date...

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, now it is official: if shlong (or anyone) dump 999 before any official group (and show it to me before making it public) i will donete $10 as a token of gratitude.

(i'm not asking directly for a download link... so i am not breaking the forum rules)

if you send me e-mail/MSN via PM your we can discuss more about it

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A way to prove you have it early without any risk would be to generate an MD5 hash of the unpatched copy, and then when the actual dump is released and widespread we can generate it's MD5, and if they match it's the same thing and you'll have proved you had it early (since the dump posted on popular rom sites will also be the unpatched one).

Download this free program (it's a very small download and needs no install), run it, click the button with the ellipses (three periods), select the rom, and then wait a few minutes as it reads it all and does the math to generate a hash. When it's done copy the hash (which will be a long string like 470b32dbedce3a129e90b30f25e29507) and post it here.

If, when the actual dump is released, it has the same hash, then it's the exact same rom file and you'll be proven right. If it's a mismatch, however, then what you have is a fake (or bad dump), one way or another.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
If the release groups finds a way to accept donation, I don't mind donating

I hope you realize what release groups are. They're not really like a group of people that meet up and collectively buy games, they're just people who throw the NFO and properly label and release games to the internet. The actual dumpers are usually just average guys, probably a lot of gaming store (EB Games, Gamestop, etc) employees that get employee discounts/early access to games. They just dump it, send it to the guys who properly package it, and wham. I know there's even quite a few people here that have dumped games.

But really, I'm not seeing the problem. Just get the European releases. Why people are so adamant on the US releases over the Euro ones is beyond me. The game 99% of the time is identical, Europe just occasionally has more languages. Like let's take Sonic Colo(u)rs, a recent dump. It just got a US dump but I've been playing the EU version since it got dumped a week ago. It's the same game, unless you're using outdated loaders you can just force region without an issue, and the only real difference is the "u" in the title name (gasp!).

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
But really, I'm not seeing the problem. Just get the European releases. Why people are so adamant on the US releases over the Euro ones is beyond me.

the problem is when the game is released in USA before europe (like 999 or the rune factory series)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if I knew how to dump games I would go the smart route and get a subscription to gamefly and just rent and dump the games, which is what I think these people ought to do! Someone give me exact instructions on how to do this and I will try to dump as many games as possible! And guess what? I won't have to flat out buy any of them! I'm sure this is a method some dump groups use because I highly doubt they're out there buying every game they dump.

Guild McCommunist said:
But really, I'm not seeing the problem. Just get the European releases. Why people are so adamant on the US releases over the Euro ones is beyond me. The game 99% of the time is identical, Europe just occasionally has more languages. Like let's take Sonic Colo(u)rs, a recent dump. It just got a US dump but I've been playing the EU version since it got dumped a week ago. It's the same game, unless you're using outdated loaders you can just force region without an issue, and the only real difference is the "u" in the title name (gasp!).

What region????? DS systems and games were all region free the last time I checked! There's no need for region encoding on portable systems unless you're able to connect it to a television then there would be a difference in the 50hz PAL vs 60hz NTSC but since the DS cannot connect to a television it runs at the same refresh rate and therefore has no difference. Plus I haven't heard anywhere of there being a lockout chip in a DS system either!

maxmouse2008

Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
RoMee said:
If the release groups finds a way to accept donation, I don't mind donating

I hope you realize what release groups are. They're not really like a group of people that meet up and collectively buy games, they're just people who throw the NFO and properly label and release games to the internet. The actual dumpers are usually just average guys, probably a lot of gaming store (EB Games, Gamestop, etc) employees that get employee discounts/early access to games. They just dump it, send it to the guys who properly package it, and wham. I know there's even quite a few people here that have dumped games.

Some like as mentioned before some come out months after.

Also for me british english, and for example the Euro version of monopoly, I don't like the pounds and birtish street names, nit picky I know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-