TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I do not believe in stuff that say "and never will"..
We have made so many things possible that were considered impossible back then.
Just saying
smile.gif

BlueStar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
benno300 said:
It only says sucht things about 3d with glasses?

While some aspects like the 'small screen' problem are unique to glasses, the problems with convergence vs focus are universal to all forms of 3D.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
3D doesn't workIt's a new technology, still in development, and the current level of tech leaves a lot to be desired.
QUOTEand never will
Bullshit.

How much of it applies to the 3DS? Some of it doesn't apply to anything at all. Other things, like that "focus/convergence" thing apply to the 3DS but don't apply to movie theaters. And then there's the logical fallacies and subjective views, and all in all we could summarize the entire article into "stop liking what I don't like, you guys".

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Except that article is in relation to films. The depths of fields involved in the average 3DS game will be much smaller and makes the comparison to films irrelevant.

That guy may know why 3D in FILMS will never work, but he should stay away from being used as a source for 3DS bashing.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Except that article is in relation to films. The depths of fields involved in the average 3DS game will be much smaller and makes the comparison to films irrelevant.

That guy may know why 3D in FILMS will never work, but he should stay away from being used as a source for 3DS bashing.
He's gonna bash the 3DS anyway, because he already hates 3D, and he also hates video games. I oft wonder why he remains popular.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... first-hand accounts from people who have experienced the 3DS's 3D are all fabricated/not credible?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
_Chaz_ said:
So... first-hand accounts from people who have experienced the 3DS's 3D are all fabricated/not credible?
LITERAL WORDS MUST BE WORDS AND THEY ARE ALWAYS LITERALLY MEANT THE WAY THEY ARE BECAUSE IT'S LITERALLY LITERAL TO HAVE WORDS MEANING LITERALLY WHAT THE WORDS MEAN LITERALLY.

"won't work" is a phrase used to describe something you think will ultimately fail, or fail to be accepted by the mass population.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Guys, I've seen the 3DS glassless tech demoed at a Best Buy (with a Fuji camera), and I can tell you, it's a different ballgame than movie theater 3D. This opinion* blog post was made without testing glassless technology, and thus obsolete as the tech he opined on.

* from the same guy who said "Video games cannot be Art" --credibility flagged--

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
DigitalDeviant said:
I don't think this applies to glassless technology.
This topic is categorized as "3DS", check the icon.

Edit: "Why 3D doesn't work and never will. Case closed."
The "3D" in this title does not exclude 3DS technology, so it is relevant to this discussion.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
DigitalDeviant said:
I don't think this applies to glassless technology.
This topic is categorized as "3DS", check the icon.

I'm referring to the article which refers to glass wearing technology, which to tie it in to the point, the 3DS does not have, instead it has glassless technology.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet