Hardware Whichever n3dsxls

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are more well known to have dual ips ? The hyrule edition ? The galaxy ? The red ? It's all so confusing to me lol
I've come across a hyrule edition at GameStop and a couple of my friemds say that they usually have dual ips...but I don't wanna be that unlucky person to get it and it be a banned system -_- should I just try my luck at the galaxy n3dsxl brand new still in the box ? Any help is much appreciated

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
are more well known to have dual ips ? The hyrule edition ? The galaxy ? The red ? It's all so confusing to me lol
I've come across a hyrule edition at GameStop and a couple of my friemds say that they usually have dual ips...but I don't wanna be that unlucky person to get it and it be a banned system -_- should I just try my luck at the galaxy n3dsxl brand new still in the box ? Any help is much appreciated
Galaxy n3ds is a sure fire dual TN. The same is true for almost all new new 3ds XLs.

The Hyrule Edition is maybe the safest bet.

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Galaxy n3ds is a sure fire dual TN. The same is true for almost all new new 3ds XLs.

The Hyrule Edition is maybe the safest bet.

Ahh that's a bummer :/ I'd rather not have to deal with it being a banned system :( I would like to use this newer 3DS that I'm going to buy as my "clean" 3ds

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every Hyrule edition I've seen has been dual IPS. The one I own is Dual. Its nice. I also have a Top IPS/ Bottom TN N3DS XL Black also. All Galaxy and the new Pokemon versions I've seen and own are dual TN. Its really hard to play on those when your used to the IPS screens.

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would sugest buying one with top IPS and bottom NT. But that is real lottery.
I'm sorry, but I also saw other users express similar opinion like yours. I'm curious to know what is the benefit of having a bottom TN screen? If it's about the battery, my dual IPS Hyrule N3DS last 6+ hours while gaming continuously, I can't see how a TN screen can extend the battery life much more than that.

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel you guys. but I'm more concerned about getting the ips as ive already had 5 or 6 3ds'. this one will probably be my last buy in the 3ds line. I may go with the hyrule edition they have at my local gamestop, but then I'm worried that its a banned system...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I feel you guys. but I'm more concerned about getting the ips as ive already had 5 or 6 3ds'. this one will probably be my last buy in the 3ds line. I may go with the hyrule edition they have at my local gamestop, but then I'm worried that its a banned system...
7 day return policy.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm sorry, but I also saw other users express similar opinion like yours. I'm curious to know what is the benefit of having a bottom TN screen? If it's about the battery, my dual IPS Hyrule N3DS last 6+ hours while gaming continuously, I can't see how a TN screen can extend the battery life much more than that.
1. You don't need bottom one to be IPS (you don't look at it that often)
2. IPS eats more power.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The irony is, if you do get a dual IPS, you'll want to hack it for the beauty of retro systems. PSX, GBA, SNES, etc, look really nice. The better part of the IPS lottery is, you won't truly know if you have dual-IPS unless you check with 3dsident or check a reddit page for serials.

An upside, even if you don't go out very often to take advantage of the 7-day return, you could probably check if its banned in the store--most G$ stores have wi-fi, plus, they check if the system is banned before they accept it.

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The irony is, if you do get a dual IPS, you'll want to hack it for the beauty of retro systems. PSX, GBA, SNES, etc, look really nice. The better part of the IPS lottery is, you won't truly know if you have dual-IPS unless you check with 3dsident or check a reddit page for serials.

An upside, even if you don't go out very often to take advantage of the 7-day return, you could probably check if its banned in the store--most G$ stores have wi-fi, plus, they check if the system is banned before they accept it.

True but I already have 3 other hacked systems. 2 of which are banned and I'm too lazy to do the friend seed thing. And besides. I'd rather have one device that I know for certain won't get banned because it's not hacked at all. Hence the purpose of me getting a new ds. But I will go see if they'll let me see if it's banned or not. Maybe I'll even ask them if get can check for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn