Whichever n3dsxls

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by the_otsutsuki, Jul 22, 2017.

1. the_otsutsuki
    OP

the_otsutsuki GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    are more well known to have dual ips ? The hyrule edition ? The galaxy ? The red ? It's all so confusing to me lol
    I've come across a hyrule edition at GameStop and a couple of my friemds say that they usually have dual ips...but I don't wanna be that unlucky person to get it and it be a banned system -_- should I just try my luck at the galaxy n3dsxl brand new still in the box ? Any help is much appreciated

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Galaxy n3ds is a sure fire dual TN. The same is true for almost all new new 3ds XLs.

The Hyrule Edition is maybe the safest bet.

3. the_otsutsuki
    OP

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Ahh that's a bummer :/ I'd rather not have to deal with it being a banned system :( I would like to use this newer 3DS that I'm going to buy as my "clean" 3ds

4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I would sugest buying one with top IPS and bottom NT. But that is real lottery.

5. Todderbert

Todderbert Korg Fanboy

GBAtemp Patron
    Todderbert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 30, 2009
    United States
    Illinois
    Every Hyrule edition I've seen has been dual IPS. The one I own is Dual. Its nice. I also have a Top IPS/ Bottom TN N3DS XL Black also. All Galaxy and the new Pokemon versions I've seen and own are dual TN. Its really hard to play on those when your used to the IPS screens.

6. lidolinn

lidolinn Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    United States
    I'm sorry, but I also saw other users express similar opinion like yours. I'm curious to know what is the benefit of having a bottom TN screen? If it's about the battery, my dual IPS Hyrule N3DS last 6+ hours while gaming continuously, I can't see how a TN screen can extend the battery life much more than that.

7. the_otsutsuki
    OP

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I feel you guys. but I'm more concerned about getting the ips as ive already had 5 or 6 3ds'. this one will probably be my last buy in the 3ds line. I may go with the hyrule edition they have at my local gamestop, but then I'm worried that its a banned system...

8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    7 day return policy.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  9. the_otsutsuki
    OP

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    true but it would be such a bummer to have to sell a dual ips

10. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    If its on a fireware thats cfw able. Why worry if its banned or not if you can put a public seed on it to fix that?

11. the_otsutsuki
    OP

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I plan on getting a new ds to not hack it lol

12. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    1. You don't need bottom one to be IPS (you don't look at it that often)
    2. IPS eats more power.

13. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    The irony is, if you do get a dual IPS, you'll want to hack it for the beauty of retro systems. PSX, GBA, SNES, etc, look really nice. The better part of the IPS lottery is, you won't truly know if you have dual-IPS unless you check with 3dsident or check a reddit page for serials.

An upside, even if you don't go out very often to take advantage of the 7-day return, you could probably check if its banned in the store--most G$ stores have wi-fi, plus, they check if the system is banned before they accept it.

14. the_otsutsuki
    OP

Feb 19, 2017
    United States

True but I already have 3 other hacked systems. 2 of which are banned and I'm too lazy to do the friend seed thing. And besides. I'd rather have one device that I know for certain won't get banned because it's not hacked at all. Hence the purpose of me getting a new ds. But I will go see if they'll let me see if it's banned or not. Maybe I'll even ask them if get can check for me

15. miss_nakano

miss_nakano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Australia
    My fates new 3ds has dual ips. You might want to look for fates xl as well. I do not think it is guaranteed though.