Hacking which one?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well... since progress on cfw newer than 3.55 is all but legally dead apparently, guess I gotta look at getting another dongle... or two. I primarily use my CECHA that I've since replaced psu, fan, and thermal compound on. In an emergency, I have a CECHB I rescued from ylod with a reflow.

I also have a phat ps2, chipped with a pata hard drive inside; been using hdloader 0.8c with it. But that does nothing for ps1 games, and to be fair, those games I use real copies on on my ps3 look a lot cleaner.

I am debating between the true blue and the cobra usb, since they each have different pros I like. Far as I can work out...

Cobra usb
- compatible with multiman
- can I direct boot ps2 disc backups with this? (HUGEly important to me at this time)
- ps1 games too?
- seems iso loading of ps1/2/3 is now available, which may negate hdloader on the chipped ps2.
- if it works this well, might finally allow me to retire my chipped ps2; I've had *many* offers for it.
- does it require another cfw, or is it okay to use kmeaw's still?

I suppose eventually I could just rip/load isos down the line, but for now I got a big collection and almost all of it on disc. So if the cobra could allow me to boot them off disc, it would save me some serious cashola in the short term.

Then, there's the true blue.
- have been WANTING to buy some newer games for ps3, but can't... since I don't want to give up cfw... such as twisted metal, portal 2... and this would let me do that.
- does this require its own cfw?
- is it compatible with multiman? Can I use multiman with newer games and trueblue?

Finally, th question to be, is... if down the line I do get both... will they both be able to work on the same ps3? I could live with using one or the other at a time, but wondering if I might have to reflash firmwares back and forth when switching... which for obvious reasons i'd rather not do.

Finally, any reputable retailers that sell these? I personally check resellerratings.com before giving any new seller any business, and i'd rather not wait a month like I did for the ps3break...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after seeing the manual, looks like the cobra would be my bigger bang for the buck. But where could I get one reasonably quick? And more importantly, a reputable seller?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know this too. You may be better off asking at the psx-scene if you don't get an answer here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night