Which mode to force to on the Backup Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Starfire12, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. Starfire12
    OP

Newcomer Starfire12 Member

Sweden
    Quick noob question:
    When wanting to play a backup of an NTSC game on a European Wii (set to PAL60). Which "force" setting do i need to use?

"Force PAL" could mean that it forces the game to display in PAL mode and that's what is needed to play it on an PAL Wii.
    "Force NTSC" could mean that it forces the Wii to use NTSC and that's what is needed to play a NTSC game on a PAL Wii.
    So i don't know ATM.

2. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    It can't hurt to just try dude, but Force PAL would probaply do the trick

3. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    erm force to pal i thought that was a given lol

4. Starfire12
    OP

Newcomer Starfire12 Member

Sweden
    Damm i was afraid of that. Because actually i was trying to play a NTSC game with Force to PAL and i got the severe graphics problem. Everything in shades of red. Just like the VBA emulator thing when trying to run it on a Wii set to PAL60 with a RGB cable. So i get whatever issue caused it then is also a problem here, when trying to play a NTSC game on a European console set to PAL60 and connected via an RGB cable.

5. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    i'm pretty sure you have to put force NTSC as i have read in other threads... try with that one... i haven't tried myself as i always make sure i get games of my region... NTSC USA [​IMG]

6. thetonman

Newcomer thetonman Member

Australia
    Hi

If you have a PAL System and are trying to play an NTSC Backup you have to set it to Force Pal this means that you are forcing the NTSC game to play on a PAL machine. I got confused with this to start with but this is how it should be done to get the right set up. Also try enabling the vid patch as well if you are forcing pal that could help with the display.

Thetonman

7. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    that's a problem of the used geckoos build. it was fixed in later releases and i think wiigator is already using a newer build of the geckoos source code, so it should be fixed in the next release.

8. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    just run wiifrii on the iso

9. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Just a stupid question...
    Wouldn't it take shorter time to actual try Force PAL, Force PAL60 and Force NTSC instead of waiting for some answers?