Hacking Which is better, AceKard 2, EDGE or EZ-Flash V Plus?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, right now, I am thinking of getting a AceKard 2, EDGE or EZ-Flash V Plus.

My little sis' M3-Real's clips all fell off but still works.

======

I made a deal with my dad:

- I give me SuperCard DS One to my little sis
then
- He buys me a AceKard 2 or EDGE and gives my $10

I am still thinking of which choice should I make,

=====

When I got my supercard, I wasn't as facinated as I of though I was. Here's what I am looking for:

- SDHC Support
- Cheats Get Updated And Actually Work ( My SCDS 1's Cheats Aren't Workin )
- Firmware is Still Being Updated
- GUI is skinnable and has lots of custom skins out
- Compatible with EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
- Auto DLDI-Patching
- $30 CAD Max

That's what I am looking for, and these next ones are just extra features I am looking for that don't need to be included:

- Fast GUI
- Built in Support for EZ-Flash Expansion

And yea that's basically it. I would just need those features and that would be good.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm
i wouldnt really go fo the EZ Flash V plus
but i like the EDGE, cuz its simple, fast, and cheap (same with acekard 2 but i think i prefer the edge cuz its so similar to my cyclo)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard 2 supports the EZFlash 3-in-1 directly from the menu.

I personally prefer the Acekard 2 because it has a nicer menu than the Edge. The Acekard 2 meets all your criteria, and happens to be cheaper than the Edge. The Acekard 2 has a very nice, responsive, highly skinnable menu. There are lots of skins available (see skin.acekard.com), and it supports Narin's excellent cheat database (see cheats.gbatemp.net). And to top it all off, there is an excellent custom menu called "AKAIO" that has the same look of the official menu (supports the same skins) but has lots of extra features.

The main advantage of the Edge is that it's a little sturdier than the Acekard 2, which is held together with plastic clips. I've not heard of an Acekard 2 falling apart or anything (if it did you could glue it together) and most people keep their flash cart inside their NDS most of the time, but if you're obsessed with sturdiness of your flash cart or are prone to throwing your flash cart across the room, the Edge might be worth considering. Otherwise, go with the Acekard 2.

-Bri

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it's AceKard 2 ^^

So AceKard 2 + $10 Over the SuperCard DS One?

I never really liked it that much xPP

=====

Anyone know where I can get the AceKard 2 for $20 Max. And it ships to Canada hopefully for free.

DX right now has it out of stock. I am still looking for some sites, and leetmod.com was one of the sites. Except I may end up using them to pricematch at KickGaming.

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all of them and I can tell you that they are all good.

EDGE is simple and sleek
Acekard 2 is great for GUI and everything else (I use this the most)
For Extra RAM and GBA games the EZ-Flash isn't a bad choice but consider the other ones first.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^
||

FlashCart-a-Holic xDD

If this were to go to my little sis, I would just consider the EDGE for her, but since I am planning on just trading it for an AceKard 2 or EDGE, I would rather want an AceKard 2.

Now, I am asking KickGaming if they would gladly pricematch Leetmod once more. If not, which site to use for pricematching... ($20 Max )

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'd stay away from the EZFlash Plus. The GUI looks like it was just quickly thrown together, and there are much better GUIs out there. If you like the CycloDS's GUI, the EDGE is a good choice, but there's no support for the GBA features of the EZFlash 3-in-1. The Acekard 2 with the AKAIO firmware fully supports the EZFlash 3-in-1, and it also has the 2nd best GUI out there (M3DS Real's Sakura still wins). There are also TONS of custom skins on Acekard's website, so you have lots of choices. I'd go with the Acekard if I were you.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Echo said:
You guys got my vote for AceKard 2. I just gotta learn to be careful when handling it ^^
It's not like it's gonna break just by dropping it from a few feet! If you just use it normally, you should be fine. If you can't go without breaking it, you shouldn't have a DS!
tongue.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess so. It's just that my little sis... Her M3 Real's Clips all broke ( No Idea What She Does )

I might even plan on buying the M3 Real off of my dad after I get an AceKard 2...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
Just curious, but can't you just glue the M3 Real together with some superglue?

-Bri
It happened. My dad just glued it with some super glue right now. It's working still. But I am still planning on getting my dad to buy a AceKard 2 then trading it for my SuperCard DS One v3.

Briankealing said:
I like the Acekard the best.
Yea. I think so too after I looked and read more about it.

mcjones92 said:
QUOTE(Echo @ Dec 19 2008, 11:05 AM)
^
||

FlashCart-a-Holic xDD

Tell me about it.
rolleyes.gif
How many flashcarts do you have? Curious....

====

Now I am getting my dad to buy the AceKard 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.